PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Position Description
The Private Asset Management Analyst will play a critical and central role in supporting the smooth operation of the closing activities for the US Residential Loan Desk and the US Special Situations Desk with respect to our Alternatives Business Management. Responsibilities
- Liaison with PM and all relevant support groups (Legal/Ops/Finance/Tax/Risk/Compliance/TAs) to ensure all internal policies and processes have been completed prior to close
- Coordinate with Trade Assistants and Trade Compliance to ensure smooth trade flow process
- Process prospective data tapes for loan portfolios offered for sale to both the US Residential and SSG Desks
- Assist PMs with Desk's deal pipeline management - including deal setup in DealCloud, monitoring and updating settlement information, coordinating with Alts Operations and Alts Finance on timing for liquidity purposes, as well as verifying pipeline info is properly flowing through to downstream reporting and work-streams
- Deal Tagging updates - coordinate with Trade Assistants and Alts Finance on appropriate tagging in the Fund Custodian and Risk systems
- Assist Desk PMs in review of quarterly Origination and Asset Management reporting
- Responding to ad-hoc requests from Portfolio Management and other groups, as necessary
Position Development Value
- 1-3 years of experience; strong, relevant internship experience acceptable
- Fixed Income technical skills and experience in a buy or sell side trade room preferred
- Corporate and/or consumer loan closing experience a plus
- Compliance related experience and/or legal background a plus
- Strong relationship skills and proven ability to build strong relationships with Portfolio Managers
- Well-refined communications skills. Can articulate ideas and strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Proven ability to operate efficiently in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive exposure to senior industry experts within Portfolio Management and across other functional areas of the firm
- A broad range of opportunities to collaborate with talented colleagues
- Learning environment focused on key buy-side portfolio risk and return principles
- Constructive feedback to foster career growth in addition to a formal annual review process
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 80,000.00 - $ 100,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.