The Real Asset Solutions team draws on the full range of Brookfield and Oaktree public and private investment offerings to deliver asset allocation investment strategies and whole portfolio solutions across the spectrum of commingled funds, separate accounts, and outsourcing solutions in both institutional and wealth channels. Strategies managed range from 100% public to 100% private inclusive of strategies targeting specific blends of public and private. Underlying Brookfield and Oaktree investment offerings include public and private equity and debt of real estate, infrastructure, renewable power and other related businesses. Current assets under management of the Real Assets Solutions team is approximately $3 billion.
This position reports to the Portfolio Managers of the Real Asset Solutions team.
This position works closely with peer Private Asset Allocation Analyst on the Real Asset Solutions team.
- Investigate and demonstrate potential benefits and risks of investing in a wide variety of asset classes, both public and private, with a focus on public real assets.
- Establish strategic asset allocations for multi-asset investment strategies targeting specific return, risk, yield, factor exposures and other investment objectives.
- Monitor asset class and sector valuations to identify investment opportunities and risks for tactical asset allocation, with a focus on public real assets.
- Create quantitative models, valuation screens, and analytical tools used in the investment process
- Conduct portfolio optimization using quantitative techniques and facilitate ad-hoc portfolio analysis with robust data collection and analysis
- Portfolio Management:
- Contribute investment ideas, insights, and recommendations during portfolio management meetings and strategy discussions with a focus on public real assets.
- Follow macroeconomic and sector specific data and news flow and synthesize into implications, opportunities and risks for investment strategies.
- Collaborate with sector specialist investment teams within the firm to discuss and explore sector specific views.
- Implement tactical asset allocation decisions across public security investment portfolios.
- Compile portfolio models, portfolio allocations, portfolio performance and other relevant material for portfolio management meetings and investment committee meetings.
- Client Service and Marketing:
- Collaborate with other divisions within the firm (Client Service, Marketing, Operations, etc.) to conduct analyses relating to investment strategies and portfolios.
- Assist with the automation of tasks and reporting across middle/back office
- Meet with prospects and clients to grow and retain assets under management.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent. Graduate degree, CFA or CAIA designation a plus.
- 3-5 years of relevant investment experience:
- Asset allocation experience is considered an advantage
- Fixed income experience is considered an advantage
- Commodities and / or natural resources experience is considered an advantage
- Private markets experience is considered an advantage
- Strong quantitative skills including data collection, treatment and analysis
- Strong skills using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Bloomberg or FactSet.
- Programming experience in Python, R, or other statistical computing language is considered an advantage.
- Effective communicator, both oral and written, with ability to present with clarity, precision and conviction.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and results orientation.
- Organized, thorough and detail oriented.
- Comfortable working in a team-based entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.