£75,000 base + bonus Job Description
This is a global firm in the heart of London's Mayfair looking for an experienced application support analyst who can remain calm under pressure in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
In this role, you'll draw on your strong scripting expertise and excellent communication skills to support the trading and middle office applications. Your main focus will be as the first line of defence for resolving L1/L2 issues, plus the day-to-day management of a complex application suite, looking for potential improvements over time. You'll also collaborate closely with the Dev team on release management, and some overnight support will be required (as necessary).
This is a great opportunity to grow your career over the next few years. To be successful, you will be comfortable interacting with users and triaging their complex needs. Skills and Experience Required
- 3-7 years of professional experience
- Creative problem-solver, a reassuring presence for distressed users
- You must have strong knowledge of Linux and Bash. Fluency in Perl and Python is highly advantageous
- Finance experience is not essential, but an interest and desire to learn about finance is
- Degree in a quantitative field
- Front Office exposure, ideally at a hedge fund
- Understanding of FI products, e.g. bonds, swaps, IR futures, repos, etc.
- Exposure to one or more of the following: Sungard Front Arena, Excel, SQL, C#
- Excellent salaries + bonuses + benefits
- High degree of ownership and impactful work
- Positive, collegial culture encourages knowledge sharing
If you feel you're suitable for this role, want to hear about similar positions, or would like help hiring similar developers for your company, please send your CV or get in touch. Richard Allan
+44 (0)20 3137 9574