AWS Windows Engineer wanted for systematic arm of globally recognised hedge fund in their New York office. Come and be part of the platform engineering team, responsible for designing & building out their continuously evolving infrastructure that underpins the systematic investment management systems across cloud and data centers.
This opportunity will give you the chance to develop, implement and maintain a Windows platform for the server as a host, connected with multiple clients, and to review the current architectural landscape in order to identify areas for improvement and make recommendations. You'll also test and certify new versions of Windows operating systems and integrate the server automation process by custom scripts or third-party solutions.
They are looking for a pragmatic engineer with strong knowledge & hands-on experience of implementing cloud-based distributed and scalable solutions (e.g. data pipeline, research cluster), leveraging modern compute, storage, databases, operating systems technologies. Requirements
- 5+ years' hands-on AWS experience designing and implementing systems and applications
- Solid automation experience in deployment and configuration of Windows applications in an Active Directory environment
- Strong experience with PowerShell scripting and GIT, including creating and merging PRs
- Proven technical knowledge of network, internet systems, databases and operating systems, including Microsoft in AWS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject
- 2+ years of experience with any of the following: Ansible; Windows AMI; terraform or similar infrastructure automation
- Working knowledge of programming languages, including Perl, Python and shell scripting
- Work directly with all parts of the fund
- Market-leading salaries + bonus
- Entrepreneurial feel of a small firm with the infrastructure, technology and support that comes with a large company
- Inclusive, collaborative work culture
If you think you are a suitable candidate for the role and would like further info, please contact: Daniel Boer