Salary / Rate Minimum: $ 115,000
Salary / Rate Maximum: $ 145,000
The minimum and maximum salary/rate information above include only base salary or base hourly rate. It does not include any another type of compensation or benefits that may be available.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Taking a proactive approach to identify and agree review coverage and develop the scope of reviews
• Ensuring adherence to the Compliance Assurance methodology in the execution of reviews (throughout planning, testing, and reporting) and the monitoring and validation
• Designing, supporting, and delivering reviews that provide solid insight and value by identifying risks and issues, or examples of good practice
• Being proactive in managing your review to meet the planned timescale, resolving or escalating issues and blockers that materially impact the progress of reviews
• Utilizing effective Stakeholder Management and Leadership, this will include formal stakeholder engagement and management at all levels of the business
• Keeping up to date on business developments, regulatory change, internal policies, and Compliance goals so that Compliance Assurance work remains relevant and timely
• Aiding continual review and development of the annual review plan through assessing the conduct, reputational and regulatory risks of existing business activities
• Building, developing, and maintaining respected relationships between Compliance Assurance and Business Oversight Compliance and Key Stakeholder
What we're looking for:
• Solid investigative skills with the capability to identify key risks and areas of non-conformance with regulatory and legislative requirements and lack of controls
• Exceptional analytical skills/mind with ability to deliver high quality work in a timely and structured manner
• Working knowledge or prior experience of working with an Automated Assurance team to increase the use of data driven testing and data analytics within reviews
• Sound Report Writing skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS Degree)
• Experience in in either Testing, Advisory, Audit or Legal capacity
• Familiar with BSA, AML, OFAC, ABC etc. laws and regulations and other pertinent regulatory guidance to assess Risks within Barclays Bank
• Shares knowledge across the wider Compliance Assurance function fostering best practice
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
USD 115000 to 145000