Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow. Job Description Staff UX Writer
As our value grows, so does our need for extraordinary people. UX Writers at Checkout.com help build the next generation of financial products and online payment solutions through clear, consistent copy that facilitates a better understanding of difficult financial decisions.
Reporting directly to the Head of Content Design , you'll work with our team of UX Writers and work on a rich variety of products (like Checkout.com's core Dashboard product). You'll liaise with other writers (both creative and technical), designers, marketers, and stakeholders of varying seniority at the intersection of diverse functions including Design, Product, User Research, and Engineering.
You'll own your work and plan the strategy to improve user interface microcopy, landing pages, error messages, and notifications across the user journey. You'll collaborate with product managers and designers in agile teams to deliver compelling UX content while meeting brand, risk, and legal requirements. You'll lead the creation, maintenance, and iteration of content standards and patterns for our design team. You'll be a confident and sympathetic writer with extensive experience in managing stakeholders. You mentor others on the writing process and technique and lead content crits. The team
We are over 30 people across Product Design, UX Research, Content Design, and Design Operations.
We operate in a hybrid working model, with three days in the office per week. The first 6 months
- Month 1 - you're familiar with the Checkout style guide, content patterns, and tone of voice and can see how and when to apply them. You've met the writing team and your core product partner team of researchers, designers, engineers, and product managers. You're developing an understanding of our product family and our competitive environment.
- Month 2 - you're being briefed on projects and can comfortably make recommendations in Figma design files. You're starting to identify areas for content improvement in your product space and beyond. You're identifying areas of improvement for ways of working in the team and can articulate priorities and trade-offs.
- Months 3 and 4 - you're independently researching and documenting new content patterns or user flows. You're regularly participating in design crits reviewing contributions by other writers and designers. You're iterating the design process to experiment and test improvements to ways of working.
- Month 5 - you're noticeably more comfortable discussing Checkout's products and advocating for our users. You understand how our products relate to each other and can identify gains for scaling our work.
- Month 6 - you're integrated into your team and seen as articulate and knowledgeable in your discipline. You've got a solid understanding of Checkout as a company, its products, and how they interact. You can define a content strategy uplifting the Checkout experience.
- You think in systems: you can see the big picture and how your work fits in
- You put users at the heart of your work and understand the value of accessible content design
- You value strong working relationships and feedback
- You're accountable, always reach for better, and build trust
- You place quality over speed, but you iterate and improve as swiftly as possible
- You're self-motivated and can work independently - we'll trust you to take the initiative
- You love learning - you're not the finished package, but you have ideas on how to get there
- You can show and tell us how you've helped the people around you get better
- You navigate uncertainty with grace, openness, and a willingness to learn
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
- Experience in online payments or in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business space, online payments space, and/or experience conducting research in a B2B user ecosystem
- Experience in defining content strategies across a range of content touchpoints
- A background in English, Journalism, Communication, Literature, Business, Marketing, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with Figma
- Experience in designing WCAG-compliant, accessible interfaces
- Experience in using analytics and user research to inform your decisions
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values. We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world - and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we'll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We'd love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We'll be happy to support you. Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/