As a Barclays Flow Derivates Senior Java Developer, you will be working in a dynamic front-office technology team, developing various facets of risk management for the equity derivatives trading desk. You will be managing and developing enterprise-level Java based risk platform for equity derivatives. As part of your role, you will also be working on a highly visible real-time front office Flow Derivatives platform for a large revenue generating trading desk and focusing on high availability, performance, and reliability.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Analysing, designing, testing, and implementing risk components in a highly distributed, low latency platform
• Contributing to the development of low latency messaging components
• Developing Risk and Profit and Loss (PnL) components dealing directly with quant libraries
• Working on revenue generating business projects for the Flow Derivatives Desk.
• Optimizing processes to achieve hardware efficiencies
• Conducting face timing with traders, Quants, and other business users both for comprehending new feature requests and providing support
• Second-level supporting of the application
• Integrating with traders for new requirements and business flows
What we're looking for:
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other analytical field
• Extensive experience with Java, with a focus on low latency programming, multi-threading, collections, concurrency & optimization
• Prior experience with Linux/Unix and Distributed file system
• Experience in designing core Java based applications and distributed architectures
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Solid knowledge of design patterns
• Fully Hands on multitasker with top-notch programming skills
• Keen eye for troubleshooting and problem solving
• Ability to produce well-tested, documented, high-performance code to tight schedules
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by tube, docklands light railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.