This fund exists at the intersection of finance and technology, combining the deep industry knowledge of leading portfolio managers and financial analysts with software engineers and quantitative researchers. With over 1000 employees across the globe, this fund embraces a culture that welcomes the free flow of ideas, promotes career development, and supports the health and wellbeing of their people through world-class benefits.
For a candidate to be successful here, they must have a strong understanding of software lifecycle and design of multi-tier/distributed systems. You must also be able to explain and discuss complex ideas clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences, with different degrees of technical prowess. A strong desire to learn and gain exposure to the business side is critical to success in this position.
- Development and management o multiple, 3-tier back-office systems.
- Capable of making independent decisions whilst mitigating risk.
- Demonstrate and ownership mentality in all aspects of the firm's technology systems.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and able to multi-task between second-line support and strategic development responsibilities.
- C# development expertise (ideally 5+ years)
- Strong experience in multi-threaded programming and OO design.
- Strong experience building connected, service-oriented applications, REST, WebApi, JSON.
- Familiarity with Agile development processes and sprint planning.
- Experience with Database Systems (Microsoft SQL preferred)
- Experience in Dev/Ops (JIRA/Git/Build Automation/Deployment Automation, Unit Testing)
- Ability to communicate well, including writing emails and technical documentation, and communicating with end users.
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Experience and familiarity with enterprise messaging systems & cache systems
- Behaviour and test-driven development
- Python experience
- Familiarity with US and International Equity, Fixed Income, Commodity markets
- Experience with Trading workflow (Equity, Macro, Credit)