As a Barclays Prime Equity Financing Quant, you will be part of a centralised team of Quants, aligned to the Prime Equity Financing Group (EFG) business, providing support across a number of trading and sales teams. This is a highly energetic group that partners with its colleagues across the globe to continually improve and evolve the best practices and infrastructure that Barclays delivers within the Prime Equity Financing business.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Providing support across a number of trading and sales teams
• Working with the various Prime Quant teams globally to continually evolve our infrastructure and best practices
• Partnering with Prime Technology/Product Development to ensure a transmission from desk-built solutions to systematic functionality in core infrastructure
• Integrating with the transactional desks to understand daily processes and propose solutions to provide increased automation and improved risk and control
• Building desk-based tools to assist with control, risk, optimisation and P&L generation
• Being adept at managing and analysing large sets of data
What we're looking for:
• An individual educated to degree standard with Quant and coding skills including Excel/VBA/Python/SQL
• Leadership skills required to drive improvement and secure buy in from multiple areas of the bank
• Ability to communicate effectively with all areas of the bank including Senior Management
• Proven ability to solve complex problems
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Prior Prime Services/Securities Lending experience preferred
• Ability to think outside the box and be able and willing to look at improving processes with new tools or set up changes
• Can work under pressure whilst ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
• Possess the ability to assess risk/reward in day-to-day actions
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.