The incumbent's responsibilities will include acting as a primary point of escalation and performing oversight activities on the operational processing. The incumbent will also be responsible for the transition activity on funds / client accounts including but not limited to account onboarding, custodian change, account termination etc. from investment operations perspective.
There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.Principal Responsibilities
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Execute on oversight activities surrounding investment operational processes. Oversight activities include independently researching escalated issues from external service providers and internal partners, such as investment, trading, client operations, and technology, coordinating an appropriate response, and proactively monitoring operational processes. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for the development, monitoring, and reporting of KPIs and metrics related to operational support.
- Review and assess operational processes, and controls. Research processes, develop recommendations, process improvements, and policy & procedures review related to operational processes spanning valuation, setup, corporate actions, trade communication, confirmation, and settlements. Provide analysis and business requirements to service provider partners and internal technology groups to support required solutions development.
- Handle the transition activity on funds / client accounts including but not limited to account onboarding, custodian change, account termination etc. from investment operations perspective. Coordinate with external parties including but not limited to service provider partners, custodians, brokers, tax consultants etc. to perform the account transition activities. Analyze and review the requirements from the external parties and incorporate them into the existing processes / develop and build new processes to handle the requirements. Develop and review operational procedures to support the transition activity.
- Identify the needs / gaps between the operational processes and the business developments from stakeholders. Provide solutions through process improvements / change managements with both internal counterparts / partners and external service providers to enable Middle Office team's capability to support the business growth and development.
- Represent the team as a SME in and lead / drive work stream meetings to support various initiatives from investment, client servicing and regulatory perspective.
- Offer assistance and directions to team members and provide guidance to drive the team to improve from market knowledge, stakeholder servicing, vendor oversight perspective.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Bachelor's degree or above
- 8+ years related experience preferred gained from asset management industry
- Knowledge of trade lifecycle for various instruments including but not limited to equity, fixed income, FX, listed and OTC derivatives
- Excellent systems and business knowledge on investment operations gained from asset management
- Excellent communication skills, judgment, and the ability to interact with all levels within the organization and external service providers
- Superior analytic and problem-solving abilities
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in team environment
- People management experience is a plus
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.