Seeking Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) Analyst to perform fundamental real estate market research and complex to highly advanced (depending on classification level) company analyses on listed REITs and to make stock recommendations for the global listed real estate portfolio. Macroeconomics, capital market and other analysis may be required from time to time. Maintain a high level of knowledge in listed global real estate market with respect to geographic regions, property sectors and companies inside and outside of United States.
Essential Responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
- Conduct fundamental company, sector and macro research and analyses. Make stock recommendations to portfolio manager(s).
- Monitors performance of assigned securities and communicate investment ideas with portfolio manager(s).
- Coordinates with the Managing Director of Real Assets and Directors of Public and Private Real Estate, Portfolio Manager(s) and/or Real Estate Consultant to conduct due diligence and analysis to assist the investment decision process.
- Maintain existing spreadsheets or create new ones related to the analysis of public real estate securities utilizing Bloomberg, FactSet, Green Street or other data providers.
- Generate charts and other reports in FactSet or Excel to support the analysis of the public real estate securities portfolio which may include macro-economic data.
- Analyze company-specific information. Build and maintain securities valuation and macro models to help with investment decisions.
- Meet with company management, sell side analysts, industry experts to support real estate analysis.
- Attend meetings, conferences, etc. domestically and abroad as needed, both virtually and in person as appropriate.
- Complies with CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct.
- Complies with ethics standards and restrictions on personal investment activities set forth in the ERS Investment Policy.
- Complies with the ethical standards and personal investment disclosure requirements set forth in the IPS and the Standards of Conduct for the Investments Division as set forth in the IIP.
For Investment Analyst III and IV, you will perform the above duties in an advanced to highly advanced manner with greater responsibilities and standards. May also be responsible for highly visible and/or larger portfolio sectors as part of the Trust.
- May support the private real estate team including assisting in the underwriting process and the quarterly monitoring process utilizing the applicable database, custodian reports and consultant reports, as needed. Generate and/or design reports in private markets software or Excel.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a minimum 24 semester hour’s credit in finance, economics, accounting and/or management or a combination of the four. (Each year of related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for 12 semester hours of the specific course requirement). Two (2) year to four (4) years (depending on classification) of full-time professional equity investment/research experience in buy side or sell side.
Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
Undergraduate and/or master degree from an accredited college or university with major in business, finance, economics or accounting. Experience in real estate, financial institutions, alternative asset managers or investment banking analyst program. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or current participation in CFA program or certification as a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA). Special Requirement: Submit your response to the following essay prompt. Please limit your response to one page.
Describe how your previous coursework, work history or life experience can help you be successful in this REIT equities role. Include what you think are the most important drivers of public REIT stock performance.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications should contain complete job history entries, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Other Information: ERS operates in a hybrid work environment, with flexible work schedules available to all employees. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
There are no equivalent Military Occupational Specialty codes assigned to this position. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com with questions or for additional information.
How to Apply: Submit the following to the ERS Human Resources Office:
- One page essay as described in the Special Requirement section above. A State of Texas Application for Employment (resumes will be accepted only as supplements to a State of Texas Application for Employment). An ERS Qualifications Form.
The above forms may be located at this link: https://www.ers.texas.gov/careers/How-to-Apply. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Email: Employment@ers.texas.gov Web: www.ers.texas.gov
Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989