About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced equity analyst to join our global Finance team within Global Investment Research (GIR) as a Global Industry Analyst (GIA). The ideal candidate will be a key member of our Finance team and be responsible for conducting research and making investment recommendations on Asia bank stocks as well as providing expert perspective on the respective subsectors and trends. The Global Industry Analyst (GIA) will conduct fundamental research that leads to differentiated insights derived from asking innovative questions, anticipating trends, identifying risks and potential disruptions in this rapidly changing industry.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about markets with a demonstrated track record of successful stock recommendations. In addition, the GIA must exhibit a fundamental, research oriented, bottom-up approach, supported by a strong investment philosophy and process, including the integration of ESG considerations, and be able to implement ideas through a highly analytical framework.
The GIA will be able to identify mispricing and valuation discrepancies, which will allow them to make investment recommendations, and communicate their findings to Portfolio Managers globally, who manage long-only and hedge fund portfolios on behalf of our clients. Over time, we expect the GIA to take on portfolio management responsibilities for their industry within the firm's research portfolios. At Wellington, we consider research to be a core aspect of the investment process and view this as a career position that can be highly challenging and rewarding.
We are seeking an analyst who is:
- Passionate about the markets and has a demonstrated record of successful stock- picking recommendations. GIAs must have a fundamental, research oriented, bottom-up approach supported by a strong philosophy and process.
- Enjoy acting as an individual contributor within a highly collaborative investment culture. S/he will thrive by building strong relationships with colleagues and company management teams, communicating action-oriented investment opinions clearly and with conviction and enjoying an open investment dialogue and respectful debate with others across the firm.
- Possesses the ability to take risks and hold non-consensus investment views is critical, as is maintaining the humility to admit mistakes and course correct as new information comes to light. The role requires striking a good balance of intellectual curiosity and the ability to make decisions with incomplete information.
A successful candidate is likely to have the following qualifications:
- Capacity for differentiated thinking
- Ability and willingness to make decisions and execute under pressure and in uncertain times
- A strong desire and appetite for continuous learning
- Must have a global perspective in addition to regional responsibilities
- An understanding of how to incorporate ESG in their investment Philosophy and Process
- Buy Side experience an advantage
- History of professional achievement
- Highest personal and professional integrity and ethics
- Strong academic credentials: MBA/CFA preferred
- Proficiency in English language required; bilingual proficiency in Mandarin or other Asian languages is strongly preferred.
- 8 + years' experience in Asia Financials (banks) related investing
- Ability, skill, and comfort communicating to portfolio managers managing long-only and/or long-short hedge fund assets in various investment styles across the globe (US, Europe, and Asia)
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .