We have an excellent 12-month contract opportunity for a business analyst manager to join Macquarie's Projects and Change Team within the Financial Management Group. Ideally, you will have experience working in a project and change team having exposure to different aspects of the project lifecycle. Experience in regulatory reporting would be advantageous. Key responsibilities will include:
- Taking the lead on small scale projects to deliver value added strategic change to the business, across all phases of the project life cycle.
- Working with stakeholders to elicit requirements, and documenting these in the form of business and functional requirement artefacts.
- Performing gap analysis and documenting current and future state process workflows
- Work with the policy team to analyse and interpret regulatory reporting requirements from the EBA.
- Partnering with technology teams to develop technical requirements for regulatory reporting or implementing appropriate technical solutions, where required.
- Automate existing tactical process onto strategic system architecture.
- Contribute &/Co-lead to daily stand-up calls during sprint delivery phases and performing SIT and UAT testing.
- Ensuring clear and effective handover to business users.
- Assisting Lead BAs on larger scale programs
To be successful, you would have at least 3 years' experience preferably in projects and change. Individuals from a regulatory reporting background would also be considered.
- Be a self-starter with a strong structured and analytical thought process.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and create good working relationships across multiple functions (e.g., finance, risk, technology teams).
- Be able to understand, analyse and manipulate large amounts of data effectively (strong excel skills is a must)
- Strong documentation skills with the ability to develop complete, accurate and unambiguous documentation of business processes (experience with process mapping tools such as MS Visio is a must)
- A flexible, proactive, solution-oriented approach and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be risk and controls minded, curious and have the ability to challenge people and processes where they feel improvements can be made.
- 'Can do' attitude, with a proven record of delivering project outcomes
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team and individually
- Experience in financial services is highly desirable and experience in regulatory reporting change would be advantageous.
If this sounds like your next role, we look forward to hearing from you.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief. About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.