PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
We are seeking a junior lawyer to work in the Alternative Business' Legal department and support with the review of NDAs, issues relating to price-sensitive information (MNPI), engagement letters, hold harmless letters, consultancy agreements and other early-stage transaction documents. The role supports portfolio managers across the Alts business, so provides broad insight into the transaction process and legal considerations relevant to the PIMCO group and the Alts business in particular. This role is a contract opportunity within rolling consultant agreement. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, draft and negotiate various documents in accordance with internal guidelines, primarily NDAs, consultancy agreements, engagement letters, release/hold harmless letters etc.
- Assist with implementing PIMCO's internal regulatory procedures relating to the handling of MNPI in accordance with its information barriers and assisting the portfolio management team in doing the same
- Coordinate with other members of the NDA team and Alts paralegal team
- Arrange execution of documents after obtaining appropriate sign offs internally
- Maintain records and databases of executed documents and MNPI assessments
- Assist with legal and compliance related tasks, logs, lists and trackers
- Updating and maintaining NDA and engagement letter templates and internal guidelines
- Bachelor's Degree of Law, GDL or equivalent
- Experience in a top tier law firm or in-house role
- Interest in the financial services sector
- Motivated self-starter
- Highly organized
- Detailed oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Possess exceptional oral, written and organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently on complex tasks
- Possess the ability and comfort to interact with all levels of management
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.