Real Estate & Real Return Analyst
This position supports the State Investment Council's (SIC) mission to Protect and grow the SI C's permanent endowment funds for current and future generations, through prudent and professional investment management. The group oversees assets that comprise approximately 22% of the SIC's portfolio. Principal investment types include equity and/or debt in real estate, energy, infrastructure, agriculture, timber, and commodities. The incumbent will provide comprehensive support to the group's sourcing, due diligence, onboarding, and monitoring of investments. The analyst should expect to participate in development of analytical tools and processes to support and improve investment decision making. This position requires a significant degree of critical thinking, quantitative and qualitative analysis.
At the direction of, and under the supervision of, the Director, Real Estate and Real Return Group (DRRG) this position will:
* Monitor and review existing investments, returns, fund financial reports, and managers for contract compliance and quarterly perfomance.
* Perform directed studies and projects, monitor capital markets and provide analysis and recommendations.
* Source and manage data to develop models to analyze and interpret market and manager data to contribute to high-quality investment decision making in the Real Estate and Real Assets portfolios.
* Research and source new managers, strategies, and investments in real estate, infrastructure, agriculture, timber, energy, and commodities.
* Assist in portfolio construction and risk monitoring, development and maintenance of investment policy and procedures, etc.
This position supports the DRRG and the CIO in growing the corpus of the Fund for the benefit of New Mexican residents.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following:
- Ability to deconstruct an investment strategy into its key components and to analyze them.
- Familiarity with discounted cash flow analysis.
- Familiarity with basic credit concepts.
- Familiarity with basic yield curve concepts.
- Ability to manipulate data effectively using Excel, R, or other relevant tools.
- Desire to become a subject matter expert in private real estate and real asset investing.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Desire to work for an asset owner.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Management and Administration, Applied Mathematics or Statistics and four (4) years of work experience in institutional investing, pension fund management, trust fund management, or applied mathematics. Master's degree in the above fields or Financial Engineering may substitute for (2) years of the recommended work experience. Substitutions Apply.
More searches like this
- Commodities Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Corporate Finance Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Credit Analysis Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Equities Research: Buy Side Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Utilities (e.g., Oil & Gas, Energy) CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs