True North Advisors is currently looking to hire two investment team members to join an existing team of five investment professionals. The titles could vary from Analyst to Director based on experience and qualifications. These are full-time roles that report to the Chief Investment Officer. True North is an Independent Wealth Manager/MFO that manages endowment/family office style portfolios for its individual and institutional clients. It also runs an alternative investment platform called Western Alternative Strategies across hedge funds, private equity, energy, real estate, and other alternative asset classes. The firm is growing rapidly and offers a great opportunity for learning and growth.
The ideal candidate would be a sharp individual with a passion for investments. Candidates should be self-motivated and be able to manage projects and tasks independently. The roles will have multifaceted exposure across public and private market investments, with the flexibility to focus on the candidate’s area of interest (such as private markets). A demonstrated investment interest is essential. True North invests across asset classes, geographies, styles, and public and private markets. As such, the candidate will need to exhibit a strong intellectual curiosity to learn about new industries, markets, and investment themes. The candidate should have a minimum of 3 years of experience for the Analyst role. Manager and Director roles require greater experience. All roles will have an opportunity to grow in responsibility and scope with the firm.
Primary responsibilities include:
Manager Research and Portfolio Construction: Partnering with the rest of the investment team on manager and investment due diligence across asset classes (equity, hedge funds, fixed income, private equity etc.). Attending regular diligence meetings and calls with current and potential investment managers. Ad-hoc internal research projects as needed.
Portfolio Management: Assisting with, or leading the management of various portfolio sleeves, including Limited Partnership investments in Hedge funds and Private Investments. Assisting with management of periodic fund flows into LP investments, including allocation of cash and trading recommendations.
Investment Communications and Reporting: Assisting with creating and maintaining internal and external communications such as investment presentations, commentaries, and fact sheets.
Required Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3+ years of full-time investment experience at an MFO, RIA, endowment/foundation, or similar entity.
- Deep interest in investments and strong intellectual curiosity.
- An ability to learn quickly with effective communication skills, especially written.
- An ability to ask questions, problem solve creatively, provide consultative ideas and suggestions.
- Collaborative with a desire to work in teams.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, and comfort with learning analytical software systems.
- Must consent to and have favorable credit report and background check.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive base salary.
- Target year-end incentive compensation, based on successful execution of firm goals and individual performance metrics.
- Consideration for equity participation for high performers.
- Ability to invest alongside clients in private equity and hedge fund allocations.
- Generous PTO schedule.
- Work/life balance.
- Flexible workplace with ability to telecommute two days/week.
- Self-directed 401(k) program with employer contribution.
- Volunteer Time Off.
- Employer reimbursement for successful completion of applicable professional designations.
- Employee life and long-term disability insurance is covered 100% by the employer.
- Employer contribution of $2,000/year into individual Health Savings Account for all employees enrolled in our medical insurance.
- Employee premiums for medical, dental (DHMO), life and long-term disability insurance are covered 100% by the employer.
- Free Financial Planning services for employees and their spouses.
- Fun and energetic work environment.
True North Advisors was founded on the shared vision that the only way to truly provide clients with trustworthy advice is through complete independence, objectivity and the absence of conflicts of interest. We were an early adopter in recommending private investments, including public and private platform opportunities in real estate, private equity, and energy.
More searches like this
- Hedge Funds Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Multimanager Strategies Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Equities Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs