Exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Manager to join our Environmental & Social Risk team based out of our London office.
You will utilise your expertise in environmental and social issues, risk analysis and stakeholder management in this exciting regional role in London within our global Environmental and Social Risk (ESR) team.
The ESR team is responsible for assessing and providing advice on environmental and social risks in transactions, developing and implementing group wide environmental and social risk policies, responding to investor queries, coordinating Macquarie's ESG disclosures, as well as managing a range of projects across the group. The team acts both as a centre of expertise and an oversight function to support our operating groups manage ES and reputational risks.
Your role will work closely with risk and business stakeholders to identify and manage environmental, social and reputational risks according to the Group ESR policy. You will be able to make an impact by combining your consultative skills and business focus to influence decision making and drive key projects.
This is a senior level role that is expected to evolve over time, however key responsibilities include:
- Leading and reviewing technical assessments of environmental and social risks and opportunities in transactions across EMEA
- Providing recommendations on transactions and ESR issues to senior management and/or commercial business teams
- Supporting our group wide teams with subject matter expertise on key issues such as climate risk and emerging trends relevant to our business teams
- Developing and implementing ES risk policies, systems, and tools
- Coordinating internal working groups, delivering training and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
You will bring with you:
About the Risk Management Group
- A minimum of 10 years of sustainability / ESG management or consulting experience, with a working knowledge of investment banking and finance
- Passion to work on innovative approaches to manage ES issues such as climate, biodiversity, human rights etc. Direct experience working with climate risk in financial institutions would be a strong advantage
- Strong experience conducting ES risk assessments and implementing ES risk management frameworks within financial institutions
- A track record of successful managing and delivering complex projects to a high-quality standard & tight schedule
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships stakeholders and manage expectations
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.