We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
We are seeking an experienced software engineer who is excited to be hands on writing code, while coaching and developing other team members. The ideal candidate will partner with technology partners and colleagues across the broader technology organization to deliver exceptional solutions in an agile delivery construct.
In this role you will be a part of our Technology Automated Trading team, which will support the Issuance Platforms. The team manages the suite of in-house applications built to facilitate the internal workflow surrounding Primary and Secondary Markets book building, fair distribution, and ticketing. You will work closely with other team members to develop efficient solutions and support other developers in solving complex problems. Responsibilities:
- Solve business and technical challenges.
- Build applications based on cloud native principles, with high availability and scale in mind.
- Development of in-house advanced issuance application suite.
- Production support, triage and resolution of real time issues.
- Work closely with partners across other technology teams in the organization to deliver exceptional solutions in an agile delivery construct.
- Maintain and develop existing issuance application suite aligning with strategic technology initiatives and business value delivery.
- Financial industry or Investment Management experience preferred.
- Experience with public cloud technologies and cloud native development principles.
- Passion for automation and experience with CICD tools, Gitlab or other.
- Technical skillset includes data models, messaging, REST, design patterns and standard methodologies for system integration.
- Strong practitioner of DevOps practices using DevOps tooling.
- Knowledge of FIX Protocol is strongly preferred.
- Good interpersonal, partnership and communication skills and the ability to work well and engage with both technology and business colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and support other developers across multiple time zones.
- Thorough understanding of Oracle Database and SQL knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or equivalent required. Advanced degree in Computer Science, Math or engineering is desirable.
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 150,000.00 - $ 225,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.