- Sydney, Australia
- Apr 01, 2023
- Apr 15, 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Provide exceptional service to a select group of Westpac's highest value personal customers
- Deliver a holistic banking service as well as our unique and market leading wealth proposition
- Mandarin language skills preferred
We are Australia's leading Private Bank and the trusted financial partner of a select group of High Net Worth individuals. Our clients have access to a comprehensive offering, built around their goals, and backed by the financial resources of one of the World's leading Financial Institutions. We truly understand the importance of having a long-term view. Our purpose is to help our clients and their families to create enduring financial advantage for generations.
As a Private Banker you will also:
- Develop and grow a portfolio of high net worth client relationships via growth of existing and acquisition of new clients via internal and external sources
- Develop and maintain highly effective working relationships with all business partners within Private Wealth
- Collaborate with banking and wealth management product/distribution partners across the Westpac Group to distribute/cross sell solutions that meet our HNW clients' needs
- Identify, assess and manage compliance obligations and issues.
- Maintain high levels of client prospecting and new business networking for acquisition purposes
- Drive a strong digital self-service adoption rate with clients and encourage clients to consider digital interactions
You will build your profile internally and externally with stakeholders and be part of the future of a business that has been around for 200 years and whose vision is focused on creating better futures together. We'll support you in the development of your career, with internal career prospects and flexible working. You'll also be backed by a fantastic team of people in a can-do, supportive structure.
What do I need?
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience in a personal client facing/relationship management role ideally within either Private Banking or Business/Commercial Banking (minimum 3 years+)
- Strong knowledge of Lending (particularly Consumer Lending, but experience with Commercial or Business Lending also highly valued)
- Strong knowledge of both Consumer and Business Lending credit policies and principles
- Ideally RG146 Tier 1 and Tier 2 certified and a desire to build your wealth knowledge and skills
- Established professional networks in HNW and UHNW space
- A strong desire to grow your career and contribute in a collaborative environment
As well as good pay and a great culture, joining the Westpac family means you'll get some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market. We back our employees by helping them work towards industry-recognised qualifications, using online learning, training modules and career planning tools for you to grow with us. We'll even pay you to do volunteer or community work. As an equal opportunity employer, we're proud to have created a culture and work environment that values diversity and flexibility - and champions inclusion.
How do I apply?
To submit your interest in this position please click the APPLY button.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility. We invite candidates of all ages, genders, sexual orientation, cultural backgrounds, people with disability, neurodiverse individuals, and Indigenous Australians to apply. If an adjustment is required to assist you during our recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you need reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process?
At Westpac we are committed to providing a supportive culture and creating inclusive and accessible workplaces, branches, products and services for our customers, employees, and community.
We can provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability and/or neurodiversity. If you require an adjustment to be made during the recruitment process at any stage, please call 1800 655 592 Option 1.2 or email email@example.com