Job title: Credit Risk Metrics
Corporate Title: Vice President
Department: Credit Risk Management
Location: London Company overview
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com Department overview:
The Global Credit Risk Metric team reports directly to Global Credit Risk COO. The team sits between Credit Risk Management (CRM) as the model owners and Risk Methodology, Model Validation and Risk Change and IT functions to provide dedicated support and expertise across all CRM models, measure and methodologies. The team is global and is made up of both direct and virtual reports bringing together many abilities ranging from quantitative skills sets, data analysis, through to trade life cycle and Risk specialists.
The scope of the role is broad and encompasses all aspects Credit Risk Metrics including the firm's internal models and stress testing. The role is seen as pivotal for the Credit Risk Group and requires a self-starting individual to drive forward the teams ambitions, working autonomously or as part of a wider group to deliver.
Regular interaction with Credit Risk analysts, Global Finance and the Front office should be expected as wells as close working relationship with the IT and change teams to help build the strategic vision.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Provide support for CRM around the use of the models and measures
- Provide insight and support for complex change, in-depth analysis and deal review including recalibrations exercises, challenge of the current approach and forward looking requirments
- Support portfolio and capital analysis where required
- Build a best of breed support model for 1LOD and 2LOD
- Provide a centralised library of metrics, model and methodology data from the perspective of CRM including but not limit to:
- Ensure the limitation of the models are known and understood
- Provide challenge where needed to ensure the appropriate models and measures are available for Credit Risk - driving the CRM agenda
- Understand and review Risk owned models and process such as Margin Period of Risk and Replacement Risk.
- Provide thought leadership
- A strong understanding of the trade lifecycle (front to back)
- Proven quantative background, PhD education or similar is ideal or equivalent experience
- Detailed knowledge of financial products (OTC/SFT/Lending), collateral and risk management practices - focus is Credit Risk
- Understanding at least one regulatory regime and will have ideally had direct regulatory exposure
- Ability work with and communicate at all levels and across groups
Nomura competencies Trusted Partner
- Able to drive consensus and interact on all levels
- Provide detailed analysis and insight whilst tailing updates to the target audience. Deep and detailed vs executive briefing summary.
- Strong problem solving skills using a common sense approach
- The successful candidate will be:
- Proactive, naturally curious and keen to learn
- Self-starter happy to work as part of a team or individually
- Detail oriented, well organised and able to work collaboratively as well as on their own
- A clear communicator, both written and verbal, who is able to communicate complex Sto
- Strong data analysis skills are preferred with an ability to manipulate large data sets using tools such as:
- Advanced usage of Microsoft Excel
- Capability in C++,Python and/or R
- Understand clients' needs and issues, and responds with high-quality proposals
- Acquire capabilities to perform one's responsibilities and contribute to being a Trusted Partner
- Produce new ideas that might challenge the status-quo or oneself
- Seek advice from senior colleagues and utilize it for improved results
- Collaborate with members from relevant departments
- Contribute to the success of the organization both quantitatively and qualitatively, and act with awareness of the impact on others
- Serve as role model and provide guidance to junior employees
Right to Work
- Have a good understanding of corporate philosophy, professional ethics, compliance, risk management, and code of conduct, and make decisions and take actions accordingly
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the UK (who require a Tier 2 Skilled Worker visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that this is a genuine vacancy for a qualified role. Diversity & Inclusion
Nomura is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to ensuring we best reflect the diversity of the communities we serve creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome all applications and do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender identity and gender expression, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
If you require any assistance or reasonable adjustments due to a disability or long-term health condition, please do not hesitate to contact us.