As a Barclays Senior Reconciliation Analyst this is an exciting opportunity where you will provide end-to-end reconciliations services across the bank. As part of the team, you will support a wide range of global teams across BUK, BI and BX including but not limited to Market Operations, Global Payments, and Wealth Investment Services. You will be performing Cash Nostro, Trade Depot and Balance Sheet reconciliations using the Intellimatch platform.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting the team's book of work, contributing initiative ideas, leaning opportunities, and actively participating in the successful delivery of broader departmental initiatives
• Assisting with the department objective for the delivery of consistent, standardised reconciliation and associated processes
• Investigating and resolving issues impacting the delivery of complete reconciliations
• Being the first point of contact for client queries and issues
• Handling the first point of control to escalate issues
• Impacting the successful completion of daily rec processes in a timely manner
What we're looking for:
• Solid interactive skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships
• Financial Services experience ideally in an Operations, Control or Change role
• Demonstrable logical, creative, and analytical thinking skills with ability to prioritise and work under pressure
• Understanding, or ability to develop an understanding of the different Regulations impacting the function
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience within Intellimatch and/or other Barclays Books and Records platforms would be beneficial
• Significant knowledge of basic accountancy
• Knowledge of GMO or Barclaycard
• Excellent Experience working in Operations
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.