Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of TREASURY TRADER - FX SPECIALIST to join our CORPORATE TREASURY team. This role is located in LONDON (HYBRID).
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Support execution of FX hedges across multiple FX products and jurisdictions, operating within risk limits, the firm's risk appetite framework, and relevant regional governance frameworks. Assist with broader Corporate Treasury execution activity, including repo execution.
- Understand and articulate business drivers of FX risk, the FX hedging approaches that are utilized to mitigate those risks, and the differences in trade execution/operations related to different hedging functions.
- Liaise with Technical Accounting, Middle Office and Operations, as necessary, to ensure proper hedge execution and booking.
- Follow business, market and regulatory developments that impact the Bank's FX exposures, hedging processes and trade execution, and advise of potential impacts.
- Aid with enhancement of FX exposure and hedge business reporting and assist with oversight of FX risks.
- Support the Head of FX Hedging and Head of EMEA Funding with projects and other deliverables relating to FX and/or other Corporate Treasury activities, including regulatory presentations/requests, strategic initiatives, etc.
- Ensure issues are escalated and cascaded appropriately and supporting mitigating any associated risks.
- Support in addressing Treasury Execution, Audit or Second Line findings/actions.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent qualification. Degree in finance or economics, with proficiency in math, statistics, or computational finance preferred. MBA, CFA or Accounting Qualifications preferred.
- Relevant banking experience in a Treasury or trading function with a strong focus on FX.
- Strong understanding of and experience executing a range of FX products, including spot, forwards, swaps and NDFs. Experience trading additional Treasury products, such as repo, preferred.
- Familiarity with consolidation and hedge accounting concepts and the FX risks that arise as a result of banking activities
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, communication and analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure.
- Highly motivated with an ability to influence and present to internal stakeholders.
- Passion for financial markets and preference for strong macro-economic and technical analysis skills.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.