Active contributor in setting global strategy for and lead the implementation and ongoing delivery of a robust Quality Assurance function in accordance with the coverage universe as it relates to WCR data governance.
Provide effective credible challenge to Business Region Heads and Portfolio Managers as regards effectiveness of data quality and completeness process management to ensure that weaknesses in such processes are identified and escalated as appropriate
Establish and drive processes that enable wholesale credit risks within theor are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank's risk appetite and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
Establish and drive processes that verify that data captured is in align with the appropriate legal and credit documents needed for credit, operations, management and regulatory reporting
Accountable for leading the Quality Assurance team which is responsible for execution of the following:
o Consistent and objective assessments during QARs
o Subsequent follow-up on corrective actions that were raised during QARs
o Synthesize and prepare quarterly Quality Assurance Reports to ICG business management that communicate and measure results and identify negative trends and potential solutions
• Update and create QAR templates and continuously improve processes and infrastructure by exploring and evaluating new data sources, tools, and capabilities
• Interact with the respective senior management across ICG, in order to ensure that quality assurance protocols are adequate for all portfolios
• Provide oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex data related issues, structure potential solutions and drive effective resolution with stakeholders.
• Assist in the establishment of WCR IBQA policies, procedures, risk assessment and controls to drive effective QA coverage and standards
• Represent WCR IBQA on various workstreams and initiatives across ICM and ICG business lines.
• Stay abreast of relevant changes to rules/regulations and other industry news including regulatory findings.
• Act as a change agent coaching staff in areas with noted deficiencies and sharing any observed best practices
• Ensure ongoing and timely feedback and coaching of ICG Quality Assurance staff to sustain a strong control culture and an unwavering commitment to excellence in execution
• Attract, develop and retain top quality assurance staff
• Support the Global Head of WCR IBQA on internal projects and initiatives
• Support WCR IBQA Voice of the Employee (VOE) as well as diversity and inclusion initiatives
• Travel (less than 10%)
• Demonstrable quality control / quality assurance experience, including 7-10 years in banking, credit risk management, internal audit, loan review or quality assurance review function at an investment or large commercial bank
• Proficient understanding of policies and procedures with the ability to execute change seamlessly
• Ideally knowledge and experience on designing and implementing robust Quality Assurance framework, from initial assessment of concerns and monitoring strategy, execution of scripts and procedures, development of housing infrastructure and database maintenance, reporting to senior management of observed findings, and continuous improvement, working closely and independently to the Global Head of WCR IBQA and Regional Directors
• Strong grasp of Wholesale Credit Processes and organizational awareness, to evaluate findings within the Quality Assurance process, determine materiality, and partnering with in-line makers and checkers for ongoing improvement, problem detection, and sustainable remediation
• Outstanding awareness and adherence to the control environment including Quality Assurance and Quality Control
• Strategic orientation to ensure the ICM organization continues to be positioned as a thoughtful and proactive partner on driving best practices to support safety and soundness within ICM.
• Identifies stretch opportunities to elevate individual and team performance and recognizes individuals based on performance
• Recognized as a skillful manager with a track record of building high performing teams
• Coach, mentor and lead team members to develop team strengths and build bench strength
• Proven culture carrier
• Solid organizational skills with ability and willingness to work under pressure and manages time and priorities effectively with little to no supervision
• Experience in analysing datasets and distilling them into actionable information as well as building out end-to-end analytical process flows
• Powerful interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and exert influence with and without direct authority
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
• Analytical and decision-making capabilities including the ability to identify, escalate, and propose and execute solutions to complex problems
• Significant experience in preparing presentations for seniors
•Strong Python, SQL (Data Science, Data Analytics)
• Tableau or visualization tool familiarity
• Experience with Loan IQ, transaction capture tools, etc