Who we are looking for
You will be working as part State Streets Valuations team, the ideal candidate would be responsible for NAV production a number of active and index unitised pooled funds and non-unitised funds on a daily, weekly & monthly basis. In addition the candidate would also be responsible for an allocation of Institutional Clients which we provide valuations to on a monthly basis. The role offers in depth knowledge of the Investment Management process and builds upon relationships with Operations, Distribution and Fund Managers. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Valuation Analyst, Senior Associate you will
- To calculate NAV and unit prices for daily and weekly unitised pooled corporate pension funds.
- Reconcile fund tracking against market benchmarks
- To value and reconcile the LDI derivative funds
- To complete monthly NAV production and reporting for segregated pension funds.
- To produce valuations within agreed deadlines and standards of accuracy ensuring all necessary checks are duly observed.
- To assist in the production of the following valuation related tasks:-
- Weekly/monthly stock and market value reconciliations
- Preparing quarterly institutional investor reports
- Responding to audit letters and queries
- Segregated fund weekly client reports
- Resolve any client enquiries.
- Production of management information
What we value
- Provide Ad hoc support to Supervisor / Manager
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Good understanding of Valuations process gained from working in similar role before
- Good Understanding of different Investment Instruments
- Good PC skills (Intermediate level of Word and Excel) essential
- Good team player
- Very organised
- Ability to prioritise effectively and work to tight deadlines
- Methodical approach to work
- Highly numerate/ mathematical demonstrating good analytical skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- To be self motivated and have the ability to work under own initiative
- Minimum 3 'A level Passes
- 5 GCSE (minimum Grade C or above inc Maths and English)
About State Street What we do.
- Excellent understanding of Investment Management Environment
- Excellent understanding of different Investment Instruments inc Derivatives.
- IOC Exams
- VBA experience
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers