As a Barclays Digital Performance Analyst this is an exciting opportunity where you will be responsible for helping transform the digital user experience. In your new role you will help identify insights to help with transforming the different business areas within digital and contribute to helping shape the bank of the future.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting and identifying new opportunities through data and areas for optimisation to improve channel performance the day to day established CASS and Risk event framework
• You will carry out funnel analysis along the journey path in an aim to identify areas to improve customer completion rates
• Identifying and recommending how journey owners are able to improve the quality and volume of customers into the product funnels via internal and external channels
• Using data and analytics to support journey owners priorities with your findings and insights generated
• Presenting to stakeholder by creating compelling stories through use of data and analysis to sell your recommendations and ideas to ensure actions are taken
• Providing training to our stakeholders to enable our colleagues to encourage a data driven mind set across BUK stakeholders
What we're looking for:
• Experience working with digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and similar
• Proven solid experience of coordinating and influencing multiple stakeholders through the delivery of MI and/ or analysis from various data sources
• Experience working with complex data sets and database principles (design, maintenance, security, access and policies)
• Experience of using tools such as Teradata, MySQL, Adobe Analytics, Tableau, analysis systems and working tools
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Data Modelling experience
• Project Management experience/ qualifications (Prince2, Agile)
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.