Lead Portfolio Investment Analyst – TRPIM
- T. Rowe Price
- Baltimore, Maryland (US)
- Commensurate upon experience
- Mar 24, 2023
- Apr 23, 2023
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management, Private Wealth Management Firm
- Passed CFA Level I
- Employment Type
- Full Time
There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
The Lead Portfolio Investment Analyst (PIA) resides within the TRPIM Investment and Trading Solutions Group and is a collaborative member of the TRPIM investment process. The primary purpose of the Lead PIA is to use their knowledge of the portfolio investment strategy and client requirements to oversee each account’s investment activities. This includes account customization, interpreting account guidelines, resolving compliance issues and overseeing performance composites. The incumbent will liaise and partner with client-facing staff to pro-actively represent portfolio strategy, model account implementation and investment related issues, as well as increase visibility of the department within the firm. Having mastered the daily workflow of a single asset class, the Lead PIA will leverage their expertise and assume additional multi-asset responsibilities.
Independently assumes coverage for strategies, escalating issues as necessary with pre-established thought process for resolution. Guides junior team members on more complex modeling issues. Proactively assumes responsibility for projects that increase efficiency and promote best practice within the team, reducing risk. Most senior individual contributor with strong understanding of the portfolio modeling processes. Serves as proxy/back up to Team Lead.
Demonstrates sound judgement and problem solving to address quick strike issue containment, resolution and prevention, as well as long term technological outlook and implementation.
Manage trading and portfolio manager relationships including coordinating accurate and timely communication of changes across Trading.
Measure strategy performance and work with global trading partners to ensure seamless implementation of investment and trading strategies.
Serves as a subject matter expert on modeling when working with various functions and groups within the firm including investments, client service, and operations. May be involved in client presentations and/or due diligence meetings as necessary.
Engage in advanced project work to further the team’s research, development, and collaboration efforts.
Establishes and maintains understanding of Portfolio Manager’s investment process.
Works with traders to determine process for implementation of new accounts and consults with traders on behalf of Portfolio Managers to resolve trading issues.
Works with Compliance and Legal to clarify and resolve investment strategy issues and determine best method for tracking compliance with those requirements.
Helps facilitate and support ITS processes and procedures around new product implementation.
• 6+ Years T. Rowe Price or related experience
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Math
• Complete education of advanced degree or CFA, FRM or CAIA
• Savvy use of technology in combination with a data driven mindset
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to solve problems
• Ability to quickly process information, draw relevant conclusions, and clearly summarize results.
• Ability to determine priorities, plan, organize and follow-through on assignments
• Knowledge of derivatives and multiple asset classes
• Understanding of ETFs and Separately Managed Accounts (SMA)
• Effective written and verbal communication and organizational skills
• Project management experience
This role is eligible for remote work up to two days a week.
FINRA licenses are not required and will not be supported for this role.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
We invest in our people through a wide range of programs and benefits, including:
- Competitive pay and bonuses as well as a generous retirement plan and employee stock purchase plan with matching contributions
- Flexible and remote work opportunities
- Health care benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Tuition assistance
- Wellness programs (fitness reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
Our policies may change as our working lives evolve. Yet, our commitment to supporting our associates’ well-being and addressing the needs of our clients, business, and communities is unwavering.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Performance Analysis Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm Passed CFA Level I Full Time Bachelors jobs