Head of Investments
- Cache Financials, Inc.
- Remote; San Francisco Bay Area preferred
- Competitive Salary with equity compensation
- Mar 23, 2023
- Apr 12, 2023
- Job Function
- C-Suite Level Management, Portfolio Management: Equities
- Industry Sector
- CFA Charterholder
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Overview: Cache Financials is a FinTech company based in San Francisco. We are innovating on the financial instruments used for managing concentrated stock positions and making them more accessible. The firm is built by high-caliber engineering and business professionals from Uber, Waymo, Facebook, LinkedIn, Hillhouse, Russells Investments, etc, and is backed by prominent VCs and angel investors in Silicon Valley. Cache is seeking an experienced Head of Investments to lead portfolio construction, client engagement, and team-building activities.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in equity portfolio construction, portfolio management, and risk analysis. Experience with options, real estate, and private placements is a plus.
- Familiarity with the TMT sector and up-to-date knowledge of leading companies, key economic developments, emerging trends, and valuation dynamics.
- Fluent in all aspects of equity portfolio management, including a strong grasp of quantitative concepts of risk and exposure, and a deep understanding of fundamental research, valuation frameworks, factor exposure, risk management, and hedging techniques.
- A well-networked and emerging thought leader in investment management through active contributions to white papers, conferences, podcasts, and investment communities.
- Skilled communicator who can effectively engage clients across the full spectrum of financial literacy and articulate & defend investment merits and risks. Has hands-on experience in creating quarterly reports and leading technical discussions with clients.
- Strong educational background in Economics or Finance with a CFA, a Master's Level qualification, or an equivalent demonstrated professional experience with a proven passion for investing.
- A strong, empathic leadership style. Proven ability to hire, mentor, and motivate a broad team of investment professionals. Quick learner who is able to contribute to other aspects of company-building, including product design, technical roadmaps, and hiring.