We are seeking an Enterprise Risk Manager to join the team, on a 12-14 month FTC. Reporting into the Head of Prudential & Strategic Risk, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the Group's overall risk position. The role is ideal for a candidate looking to further their risk career; offering wide-ranging access to the whole Group, stakeholder engagement to Board level and with emphasis placed on autonomy, leadership, and innovative thinking.What you'll be doing
- Promote a 'Risk aware' culture and drive the standards of risk management practices across the Group
- Building and maintaining strong relationships across the Group from SME to leadership level
- Support the implementation and embedding of enterprise risk frameworks
- Monitor, report & challenge the management of legal entities to risk capacity and appetite levels
- Good knowledge and understanding of Enterprise risk management tools and techniques, including detailed understanding and experience of risk identification, assessment and continuous monitoring
- Effective communication and engagement with key internal stakeholders, including leadership teams, on issues across the full range of business risks.
- Continuous assessment of emerging and horizon risks
- Influencing senior stakeholders across the business, using understanding of the framework and the broader regulatory environment in which HL operates to help drive strategy.
- Experience of working within, and having a thorough understanding of, financial services.
- Strong knowledge and application of Enterprise risk management tools and techniques, including detailed understanding and experience of risk identification, assessment, and continuous monitoring.
- Able to support the strategic development of management information and reporting. Providing insights and analysis to develop and continually innovate.
- An effective and engaging communicator, able to present complex information in simple context, adapting your style to suit your audience
- Accomplished in forging effective relationships with colleagues at all levels, skilled at influencing, negotiating and managing challenging conversations with ease
- Possess an analytical mindset, striving for continuous improvement across relationships and process
- Operate with a sense of credibility and gravitas, upholding HL values throughout
Two stage, presentation in the 2nd stage.Working Schedule
The role is based in our Bristol head office, BS1 5HL and is permanent, full time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. We offer a hybrid flexible working pattern to enable you the option of working from home and coming into the office. Why us?
Here at HL, we're the UK's number 1 investment platform for private investors, based in Bristol. For more than 40 years we've helped investors save time, tax and money on their investments.
To achieve our mission, we believe we have a workplace like no other, with constant learning, dynamic teams, and a great ethos. We're steered by core values that promote service, quality, innovation, and opportunity in everything we do.What's on offer?
- Discretionary annual bonus* & annual pay review
- 25* days holiday plus bank holidays and 1-day additional Christmas closure time
- Option to purchase an additional 5 days holiday per year
- Flexible working options available, including hybrid working
- Pension scheme up to 11% employer contribution
- Sharesave scheme - have a real stake in HL's future
- Income Protection & Life insurance (4 x salary core level of cover)
- Health care cash plans - including optical, dental, and out patientcare
- Help@hand and an Employee Assistance Programme
- Gympass - gym memberships and wellbeing apps available
- Variety of travel to work schemes with free bike storage and shower facilities
- An inhouse barista serving subsidised coffee and snacks
- Join HL's sports, I&D networks and volunteering groups (two paid volunteering days per year)
- LifeWorks Discounts on services, restaurants and retailers
* Depending on role level
** up to 30 days depending on role level & increasing with length of service
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they don't tick every box. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. We'd love to hear from you!
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive employer that values diversity in its workforce. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis - please ask the Recruitment & Onboarding team for more information.
Please note, we are unable to provide employment sponsorship to candidates.