About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Job Purpose Statement
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
As the Senior Fund Accountant, your responsibilities include the full ownership for production of monthly management accounts, management information and financial/tax reporting of Real Estate fund(s).This role sits within the Real Estate and Infrastructure Operations Team. Role Responsibilities
How you'll spend your time ....
- To prepare and review monthly Management Accounts including the analysis and reconciliation of Balance Sheet and Income Statement General Ledger items and completing Net Asset Value computations for communication to investors.
- Working with the Client accounting manager to coordinate information provided by Luxembourg administrator for the Luxembourg domiciled entities.
- Produce monthly Management Information, including Liquidity Forecasts to support active fund management decisions.
- Prepare and reconcile quarterly income and ad-hoc capital distributions to Investors.
- Ongoing monitoring of loan compliance including the quarterly preparation of information packs for Loan providers and the payment of loan interest to the lender.
- Complete the computation, general ledger reconciliation and on-line submission of quarterly VAT (Value Added Tax) Returns and payment of sums payable to HMRC.
- Aid in preparation of quarterly regulatory reporting to EU regulators (including the FCA), quarterly investor reporting, quarterly offshore board packs and annual tax reporting to HMRC.
- Prepare annual statutory Financial Statements, including supporting documents/workings. To collaborate closely with internal and external auditors to ensure audits are planned and performed accordingly and financial documents are distributed to interested parties in accordance with required timescales.
- Preparation of taxation schedules for onward distribution to the relevant tax specialists for completion of Partnership tax returns. Dealing with queries and approval of tax computations prior to submission to HMRC.
- Ensure continuous implementation and strict application of accounting standards and operational controls.
To be successful in this role you will have ....
- Management Accounting experience.
- Clear and concise communicator with experience of working with colleagues at all levels.
- Proven financial accounting skills, including ability to analyse and interpret variances.
- Self-starter, deadline driven and can work on own initiative.
- Client Focus driven with shown experience.
If you also had this, it would be great ...
- Part/Fully Qualified Accountant - ACCA, CIMA.
- Experience in a Financial Services environment.
- Fund Accounting/Real Asset Fund Accounting experience.