Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world's most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America. Role:
Reporting to the Associate Director, Customer Experience and Operations, you will help us to build Airwallex's credit risk management capability in EMEA. You will evaluate and manage credit risk for businesses of all sizes, working closely with stakeholders across the EMEA region and globally. You will join the Airwallex Operations team during a critical period for the EMEA business.
This is a great opportunity to join the team and help shape the next phase of Airwallex's growth.
- Evaluate the business models and financial statements of a wide range of merchants to assess their creditworthiness and exposure risk
- Make recommendations on whether merchants can be served and/or whether any mitigating measures can be put into place to protect Airwallex
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve our tooling, processes and metrics to increase accuracy and improve operational efficiency Use analysis to identify strategies that can be deployed across our portfolio
- Collaborate closely with colleagues across Airwallex's Operations and GTM teams to ensure that we provide a great experience for our customers
What You Bring:
- 5+ years of experience in Credit Underwriting, preferably at a high-growth fintech
- Deep knowledge of accounting principles (e.g., IFRS & GAAP) and the ability to interpret complex financial statements
- Experience with different types of corporate group structures and business models (e.g., eCommerce sellers, marketplaces etc.)
- Analytical skills, including proficiency with relevant tools (e.g., Excel, Looker)
- The ability to think critically and creatively, balancing growth and risk
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to get to the root causes
- Obsessive attention to detail
- The ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
£45,000 - £55,000 a year
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you'll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.