There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
The senior administrative assistant will leverage the executives' time by providing both administrative and technical support based on a broad knowledge and understanding of the executives activities (often acting as the intermediary on their behalf) and the operation of the department/organization. The senior administrative assistant will work with limited direction managing the day-to-day activities of the executives and will be the primary liaison representing them to a diverse group of internal and external contacts. It is therefore important that the role holder is able to work well autonomously in addition to teaming up with the other senior administrative assistants to maintain a high level of client service and support.
The position requires a positive, tactful demeanor, a professional presence and strong written and oral communication skills. The position will need to effectively manage upwardly to members of senior management while fostering successful relationships through direct interaction with peers and others. The individual will partner with management to build a collaborative working environment while promoting leadership, exercising good judgment and professionalism.
The successful candidate will also be highly proactive, adept at time management and negotiating priorities effectively and calmly in the midst of stringent deadlines. Principal Responsibilities
- Leverage the manager(s) time by performing administrative duties related to the scope of the manager(s) responsibilities and associated teams. These duties include but are not limited to: scheduling both internal and external appointments, arranging client visits, preparing correspondence, coordinating catering requests, compiling agendas, screening calls and visitors, coordinating travel arrangements (including international travel), preparing multi-trip travel itineraries and processing expense reports, maintaining calendars, filing and organisation of other critical documents, responding to routine matters and ad hoc requests on their behalf.
- Manage information flow. Independently coordinate appropriate materials for meetings, appointments and presentations. These may include Meeting Notes and Committee papers. Bring to the manager(s) attention only those matters for which they need to be informed of and require manager(s) interpreting, communicating and directing the information to the appropriate individuals. Communicates with and for the manager(s) whilst they are travelling. May be called upon as a resident subject matter expert to provide guidance to others by answering technical questions.
- Manage special and ad-hoc projects related to division and/or corporate activities. Work at times may be complex, cyclical, sensitive and highly confidential in nature and based on an in-depth knowledge of the investment processes, product development, client relationships, and personnel matters. Some projects may require the individual to take the lead role in managing a process, for the manager(s) and their team. Generally compiles, creates and maintains various reports, databases and charts using software applications that may require an advanced level of knowledge. Responds to maintenance requests researching, troubleshooting, and resolving problems, investigating issues with systems, or seeking explanations for unusual outcomes (e.g. unusual data in reports).
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Works collaboratively to ensure that seamless back-up support is provided to the manager(s) and associated teams. Regularly participating in admin support team meetings to understand the department's processes.
- Identifies opportunities to improve and streamline the quality and efficiency of work. Partners with management to build a collaborative working environment while promoting leadership, exercising good judgment and professionalism across business units and stakeholder groups.
- Educated to at least A level standard or equivalent
- Prior experience working in a fast paced admin role in a corporate working environment
- Good mathematical ability
- Enthusiastic with strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingly adapts to and is motivated by change
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload, multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Self-directed and able to perform assignments independently; demonstrating a pro-active approach and is flexible with change
- Articulate, with good attention to detail and a high level of discretion
- Advanced knowledge and solid working experience of technical applications (e.g. MS Office including PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Executive or senior level administrative /project management experience in a business environment
- Strong team player and ability to make decisions on behalf of the team plus take collective responsibility
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within a global/virtual team setting
- Solid correspondence drafting, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Undergraduate degree with relevant experience at a senior level
- Familiarity with investment software applications
- Financial Services sector experience
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.