About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
What working at Columbia Threadneedle offers....
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies, and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business, and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.
Job Purpose Statement
We are committed to Real Estate as an asset class, and we see it as a key area of growth for the future. In this role your main purpose is to create and maintain the value of designated properties within your respective Fund/s for which you have been made responsible by the Fund Manager.
The Asset Management function is responsible for identifying opportunities to add value and meeting fund performance criteria through the active management of assets held by the various Funds, together with promoting best practice at an operational level.
How you'll spend your time...
• You will be working on a cross sector portfolio of circa 50 assets, on behalf of a number of client funds.
• You will be responsible for identifying opportunities to add value and contribute to fund performance, by developing and executing asset business plans, taking a proactive approach to letting vacant properties, progressing lease renewal and rent reviews.
• You will be expected to take responsibility for initiating, managing and delivering refurbishment works.
• You should be a dynamic thinker who has a clear understanding of property law and property valuation and demonstrate a knowledge of industry best-practice and changes to the legal and regulatory environment.
• You will be expected to understand the importance of ESG and implement change at a practical level.
• You will be required to travel within the UK and visit properties within the Portfolio
To be successful in this role you will have...
• We are looking for an Asset Manager with significant experience, will need to be MRICS qualified, with proven negotiation skills and demonstrable PQE.
• It is vital you are efficient, energetic, can work under pressure and to agreed deadlines with the ability to manage diverse workstreams and a range of projects concurrently.
• It is important that you are numerical, analytical, with good attention to detail, along with the ability to deliver effective presentations in a formal environment, with confidence.
• Due to the nature of the role, it is imperative you have the willingness to assess business activities/processes and identify gaps and scope for enhancement and are an objective thinker and business focused.
• Be capable of forming, managing, and delegating to teams of external advisors and consultants whilst building and maintaining strong working relationships both internally and externally.
• Finally, it would be helpful if you have prior knowledge of Horizon and SharePoint systems.