Relationship Manager – Institutional Business Development and Client Services
- Seafarer Capital Partners, LLC
- Larkspur, California
- $140,000–300,000. Compensation includes base salary and discretionary bonus; range is determined lar
- Mar 22, 2023
- Apr 21, 2023
- Job Function
- Institutional Sales, Relationship Management
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
We are seeking an experienced institutional business development and client services professional within a boutique investment adviser focused on emerging markets. The position is designed as a full-time role (exempt status).
The firm’s office is located in Larkspur, California. The Relationship Manager is required to be located in California. The position involves both in-office and remote work. The role requires travel, estimated at 10–15 weeks per year.
This position will report to Seafarer’s Managing Director of Business Development and Client Services.
The Relationship Manager will be a member of Seafarer’s business development and client service team. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Servicing of Seafarer’s client base, including ongoing efforts to communicate and meet with existing and prospective clientele. Long-term success will be defined by the quality, depth and stability of the client relationships.
- Manage Seafarer’s efforts to build AUM via institutional clients including foundations and endowments, institutional consultants, sub-advised clients, and other investment professional channels.
- Support strategic planning and management. Coordinate with Managing Director to organize the business area, including development of business plans, strategic resource allocation, and benchmarking against performance targets.
- Execute a detailed business plan for Seafarer to leverage existing capabilities to better address defined contribution, defined benefit, DCIO, sub-advised, insurance and other retirement client types.
- Manage projects associated with business development and client service, including the RFP process, CRM, and consultant databases.
- Contribute to a team effort by servicing clients in various channels.
- Provide input into Seafarer’s marketing and communication efforts.
- Provide input into Seafarer’s product development efforts, particularly products for targeted channels.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s degree, CFA, CIMA® and/or CFP® preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience in a similar or related position, with first-hand experience interacting with institutional investors, sub-advised partners, and/or investment consultants. Must demonstrate strong knowledge of distribution methods, operations, gatekeepers, and service parameters for each channel.
- Experience servicing clients in institutional separate account and LP fund structures.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Series 7 and 63 licenses.
- Candidate must demonstrate entrepreneurial drive and a strong work ethic. Must work well within a small company and a dynamic environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate an ability to think and plan strategically, setting a strong foundation for a business development and client service effort that will grow.
- Professional experience and / or analysis of emerging markets highly preferred; foreign language skills also preferred.
- The ideal candidate will embody the highest levels of integrity, professionalism, and attention to detail, combined with a drive to build a company of lasting value.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
$140,000–300,000. Compensation includes base salary and discretionary bonus; range is determined largely by individual performance and associated discretionary bonus.
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
- In the email subject line, include your name and the position title (Relationship Manager).
- After you submit your application, please do not contact Seafarer personnel via email, phone, or social media unless you are invited to do so.