Manager - Financial Control, Banking & Financial Services
- Macquarie Group
- Sydney, Australia
- Mar 22, 2023
- Apr 05, 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- At Macquarie, every day in hundreds of ways we're making a difference - a world of difference.
- Come experience bigger, broader, and better horizons
- A career at Macquarie means an opportunity to build your future while contributing to ours.
See yourself in our team
Consider yourself a future leader in financial services? Are you keen to play a role in financial control and business partnering supporting a growing and dynamic business?
Join our next generation of talent and as a Financial Control Senior Manager in our aligned Finance team supporting the Banking and Financial Services division (BFS). You will be part of a business that aspires to be the #1 Digital Bank, delivering exceptional customer and employee experiences, and supporting efficient, sustainable growth. In this role you'll get to do work that makes a difference, challenge the status quo and enhance the overall financial management function.
The Financial Control team plays an essential role in protecting Macquarie and its customers through a strong control framework, supporting a rapidly growing and successful business by delivering insightful analytics. We add value to our internal stakeholders through robust and scalable accounting practices, driving efficiency through technology-led innovation.
What impact will you have?
The role requires extensive engagement with stakeholders across the Banking and Financial Services division and the Macquarie Financial Management Group. Well demonstrated communication skills are critical, along with the capability to independently deal with and resolve issues with appropriate escalation. You will develop a strong understanding of your business area, the control framework and accounting best practice, and use this knowledge to provide context to accounting and financial matters.
You will be a hands-on leader within a team delivering end to end financial control for the BFS products. You will have experience working in high performing cultures driving the culture of collaboration and openness within your team and with stakeholders.
Key responsibilities of the team include:
- Understanding the end to end product lifecycle supporting downstream financial, tax and regulatory reporting
- Business balance sheet and PL - understanding of key controls and judgements
- Monthly balance sheet and PL analysis - ensure correct position, and communicate with business stakeholders escalations
- Implementation and monitoring of the financial control framework
- Technical accounting supporting securitisations and other judgements
- Driving process improvements and automation to ensure a scalable finance function that supports the BFS strategy
Your technical skills and qualifications will include a tertiary degree in accounting or similar, a CA/CPA qualification, with previous experience in financial services preferred. You will be a confident performer who has a background in accounting, finance, risk or treasury and a strong interest in a career in financial services. Previous technical accounting expertise, including IFRS9 and securitisation experience would be ideal.
Finally, you will:
- be curious, always asking, What's new, and How can we do this better
- demonstrate an ability to work and lead collaboratively in a global team
- have a strong attention to detail and ability to remain organised in a dynamic environment
- be bold, seeing challenges as opportunities that can be overcome as a team
- have exceptional communication skills and the ability to engage with various stakeholders
About Banking and Financial Services
Banking and Financial Services is Macquarie's retail banking and financial services business, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management, business banking and vehicle finance products and services to retail clients, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future' is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.