Enterprise Risk Manager
City of London
cer Financial are working alongside a progressive exciting bank based in the City of London. They are seeking an Enterprise Risk Manager to work with them on a permanent basis.
As Enterprise Risk Manager, the incumbent's core responsibilities falls within the bank's Second Line of Defence (SLOD) and will be responsible for the development, implementation and embedding of Enterprise risk management, ensuring that the business complies with Group, PRA, and FCA risk management requirements.
Key duties are:
• Oversight and management of London branch risk governance framework, standards and identification, measurement, monitoring and reporting of group level risk appetite statement.
• To assist Chief Risk Officer with the overall risk management of the London Branch with a focus on adding business value, challenge and developing advanced risk approaches to enhance the businesses' efficiency and effectiveness to manage their risk.
• To provide oversight review of internal policies and procedures for the London Branch to ensure they are current, consistent and fit for purpose.
• Stakeholder management, including liaising with INTL department on relevant issues.
• To undertake any ad-hoc branch projects requiring risk management input as and when required.
• Where required, to attend or deputise for the Chief Risk Officer on relevant branch committees such as the Branch risk committee (BRC), Financial Crime Working Group (FCWG), CASS oversight Committee.
• Contributing, promoting and monitoring continuous improvement in Risk Culture across the branch.
• Ensure own training and development needs are up to date to ensure quality working environment and meeting quality standards in line with performance requirements.
• Keep abreast with latest enterprise risk management techniques and industry best practice.
• Work with the Chief Risk Officer to own and promote the risk culture within the Branch
The Responsibilities of an Enterprise Risk Manager Will Include:
• Develop, enhance, and conduct review of risk management framework.
• Draft and maintain London branch risk framework and associated documentation, including the framework requirements in an appropriate manner.
• Set and track the annual risk management development/review plan.
• Review and challenge all metrics and qualitative assessments while enhancing risk management framework - depth/coverage and allocation.
• Review of the PRA/FCA guidelines on three lines of defence. Propose updates to the London branch governance framework to ensure compliance.
• Coordinating the setting and operationalisation of risk appetite
• Ongoing monitoring of London branch risk profile against risk appetite through monitoring of performance against risk appetite Thresholds.
• Review of required escalations and tracking of risk response actions.
• Draft and maintain the London branch risk appetite framework.
• Develop the risk management regulations gap report through discussions with functional teams across the Group.
• Participate in the review of the regulations and standards issued.
• Set and track the deadlines for the resolution of gaps committed by the business units.
• Support the chief risk officer in challenging the gap findings by various units within London branch.
• Support the chief risk officer in the coordination of external/internal audit issues management within London branch.
• Challenge the evidence/compliance provided by London branch in responding to external/internal audit queries.
• Set and track open issues in coordinating with internal and external audit teams.
• Stakeholder engagement and relationship management
• As a member of the Risk Management team to play a wider role in risk management issues as determined by the Chief Risk Officer.
• Provide training on enterprise risk matters to colleagues as appropriate.
• Manage engagement with key stakeholders to get a good understanding of priorities and to address concerns on all sides.
The Successful Enterprise Risk Manager Will Have:
• University Degree
• Enterprise risk management/internal audit experience essential
• Incumbent must have experience in writing procedures
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.