Description About this role Team Overview:
Americas ("AMRS") Product Oversight and Governance ("POG") is a unit within Global Accounting & Product Services ("GAAPS"). Members of the AMRS POG team are responsible for supporting more than $5T in total AUM and 2000+ funds that comprise U.S. iShares, Mutual Funds, CTFs and Canadian iShares and Institutional Funds (the "Funds"). Primary aspects of the support model provided by AMRS POG to the Funds include fund board governance, fund lifecycle services (launches, liquidations, restructures) fund treasury oversight and chief financial officer duties. AMRS POG works closely with several internal GAAPS teams, BLK functions and external stakeholders and service providers to deliver quality and value to our shareholders. Those interactions include the Funds Boards, custodians, auditors, accounting oversight, financial reporting, product development and business management, portfolio management, valuation, tax, legal and compliance, internal audit, risk and quality assurance, and multiple other organizations and functions.
The role sits within the AMRS POG group and will focus on the design, development, and execution of tactical and strategic technology solutions for both POG and the wider GAAPS community. We must develop a keen understanding of the functions both within POG and beyond in order to better comprehend the challenges faced by these functions. Development Value:
This role provides an exciting opportunity to help establish the AMRS POG footprint in Mumbai and partner with product groups across the globe, working closely with the AMRS POG teams in the US and Canada. The position offers individuals the opportunity to design and develop technology solutions using internal BLK platforms to create efficiencies and scale in POGs oversight functions. Roles & responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and deliver robust technology solutions to the organization's sophisticated problems.
- Partnership with AMRS based team to support POG functions.
- Drive opportunity, efficiency, and scalability for global POG presence.
- Support the buildout of the local POG Mumbai team and the design of the target operating model.
Experience & Skills
- Build good relationships with business areas within BlackRock to support effective cross-functional engagement.
- Contribute to ensuring compliance with all relevant BlackRock policies and with regulatory requirements impacting the funds.
- Play a key role in growing the core offering of the Aladdin Compliance Platform.
- Make autonomous decisions on which platform solutions best fit the business problem presented.
- Drive engagement with partners to ensure that proper business requirements are established.
- Developing exception-based, business-process-centric technology solutions that provide scale to operations teams globally.
- Build relationships with other internal technology teams to ensure familiarity with all potential technology solutions while also holding them accountable for capturing and measuring business benefits.
- 3+ years 1940 Act investment management industry experience with fund structures such as open-and close-end mutual funds, interval and tender offer funds, and exchange traded funds.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Strong SQL and database knowledge, and/or application design platforms (e.g., Angular, Flask)
- Enthusiasm and ability to work in a team-environment, multi-tasking, collaboration and effective communication skills are a must
- Experience in financial services preferred (investment banking/asset management)
- Knowledge of software development best practices (analysis, design, development, testing)
- Identification of risk or gaps in a process and implementing plans to resolve
- Researching, problem solving, and process re-engineering
- Ability to convey sophisticated concepts simply and clearly
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.