After building a strong management team from a range of high-quality asset managers in 2022, they are looking to expand their investment team to match their ambitious ETF launch plans.
- Responsible for all research and analysis of companies within the Oncology sector (covering therapeutics, devices and care).
- Overseeing the security selection process for the investment portfolio consisting of up to 50 individual names per ETF managed.
- Marketing - conducting meetings with prospective investors and preparing content to support marketing of the strategies.
- Become theme expert including theme level analysis of trends, commenting on journalistic output and liaising with key industry figures.
- Portfolio Manager/Senior Analyst - 9+ years of investment research experience, whether on buyside or sellside with experience recommending stocks successfully for active funds.
- Focused on public equities, specializing in the life science sector. Preferably experience investing in oncology companies, although this is not a requirement.
- Ideally a scientific academic background including PhD, clinical experience.
- Must have ability to conduct equity research independently and lead on the security selection, with the support and oversight of the Chief Investment Officer.
- Knowledge and experience in presenting (either to investment committees, investors/LPs, or publicly).
- Strong understanding of how macroeconomic events impact public markets.
- Preference but not requirement for a disclosable professional investing track record.
Key Candidate Traits/Values:
- Integrity and intellectual honesty/curiosity.
- Entrepreneurial, pragmatic and self-motivated attitude.
- Grit and flexibility - willing to perform a full range of jobs from helping to write content, to helping produce podcasts/webinars, to running a portfolio. In return for this versatility, candidates can expect a flexible approach to working.
- Personality and motivation will be a key factor for success, so the candidate will need to be able to show professionalism, ambition, problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders.