Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for monitoring and analysing funds with exposure to real assets to ensure they continue to meet expectations from a quantitative and qualitative perspective.
- Responsibility for maintaining an approved list of external managers in real estate and other real asset markets for use across the investment platform.
- Represent Real Assets at senior Investment governance committees, including the Investment Committee to make recommendations and participate in the decision making in relation to real asset managers within the investment proposition
- Responsibility for blending of managers within multi-manager funds to ensure they continue to meet fund objectives (e.g. managing overall volatility and factor sensitivity)
- Responsibility for ensuring sector/factor and macroeconomic views are captured within portfolio construction of Real Asset funds as well as providing input into wider asset allocation decisions
- Provide strategic input and actively contribute towards the continued evolution and development of the investment platform.
- Develop and implement ESG/RI strategy consistent with wider beliefs and with direct relevance/application to real asset strategies.
- Lead the relationship with existing and prospective fund managers.
- Build strong relationships, particularly with senior members of the Client's product management, proposition, communications, R&D, legal, operations, regulatory, compliance and investment risk teams to help support smooth implementation of IMA change.
- Previous experience in a similar manager research / oversight role in investment management or consulting.
- Very strong technical knowledge of real asset markets and the investment processes used by managers.
- Understanding of how to manage liquidity risk.
- Experience and understanding of conducting fund manager research
- Previous experience in taking responsibility for making recommendations or decisions relating to the selection and ongoing appraisal of external managers in real asset markets
- Previous experience in portfolio construction and monitoring within the context of multi-manager funds or unitised fund-of-funds
- Proven understanding of real asset markets, segmentation between real asset strategies and the macroeconomic drivers of return in these markets.
- Degree qualified, or equivalent.
- Preferably attained the IMC and progression with CFA.CAIA exams, or equivalent.
- Practical experience of analytical systems such as Aladdin/Bloomberg.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted