RFP Associate / Analyst
- Sands Capital Management
- Arlington, Virginia
- Mar 20, 2023
- Apr 19, 2023
- Job Function
- Institutional Sales
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
About Sands Capital:
We are an active, long-term investor in leading innovative businesses globally. Our approach combines analytical rigor and creative thinking to identify high-quality growth businesses that are creating the future. Through an integrated investment platform spanning venture capital, growth equity and public equity, we provide growth capital solutions to institutions and fund sponsors in more than 40 countries (detailed on our website www.sandscapital.com).
Identified below are Core Values the firm holds in high regard and believes are critical for high-performing teams at Sands Capital:
- Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
- Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
- Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
About the Role:
Sands Capital is seeking a motivated RFP Associate (and/or Analyst, dependent on experience) to assist with the completion and oversight of RFIs, RFPs, DDQs, and ad-hoc requests that procure new business and address the evolving due diligence and reporting needs of our clients. This individual will be responsible for collaborating with the RFP Manager and internal stakeholders to ensure that our standard content and bespoke responses are both accurate and effective, and delivered in accordance with client-issued deadlines.
This role is expected to work from our Arlington, VA office on a hybrid schedule at a minimum of two days per week in office (specifically, Tuesdays and Wednesdays) or as directed, depending on team needs. Please know that the hybrid schedule is subject to change, as directed by our Executive Management Team, at any time.
- Writing, coordinating, and editing responses to client and prospect questionnaires (RFPs and due diligence questionnaires) by partnering across firm functions (Client Service/Business Development, Compliance, Technology, Investments, Human Resources, etc.) to demonstrate the value of the Firm’s capabilities;
- Maintaining firm and investment strategy content in the Firm’s content management system (Loopio), which includes assigning and coordinating review cycles of database content with relevant Subject Matter Experts;
- Peer-reviewing questionnaires and other requests for information and providing training and ongoing feedback to client service team members;
- Maintaining up-to-date narratives and information within third-party and consultant reporting databases;
- Tracking and reporting metrics on firm-wide RFP activity to business development leaders;
- Developing an understanding of Sands Capital’s strategies and investment philosophy;
- Executing on other administrative or professional responsibilities, as needed;
- Exhibiting behaviors consistent with Sands Capital’s Mission, Values, and culture
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university;
- 1-5 years of experience in marketing, RFPs, communications, investor services, sales enablement, and/or sales support;
- Strong interest and understanding of global capital markets and growth equity investing;
- Detail-oriented, highly responsive, with strong interpersonal skills to collaborate across functional teams and all levels of the organization;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with senior professionals and Subject Matter Experts; and
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills.
Required Behavioral Characteristics:
- Exhibiting superior client service skills (to include internal clients);
- Exhibiting strong interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrating a strong work ethic in a fast-paced, professional environment;
- Operating with a high degree of initiative, self-discipline, and motivation;
- Working effectively both independently and as part of a team;
- Assuming the best of others; and
- Motivated by a job well-done.
Values for Success at Sands Capital:
- Focus: Identify and concentrate on “what matters”
- Long-Term Perspective: Appreciate that time allows sound decisions to demonstrate their worth. Avoid short-term thinking
- Independent Thinking: Have the courage to develop and articulate your own convictions. Debate others openly and honestly
- Teamwork: Collaborate to gather facts, develop perspective, build conviction, and support timely decision-making
- Positive “Can-Do” Attitude: Demonstrate a willingness to tackle any task
- Graciousness: Reflect kindness and courtesy at all times
- Balance: Enjoy your work while balancing professional activities with interests beyond the firm
- Meritocracy: Know that talent and achievement will drive your success at Sands Capital
Sands Capital is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and staff members. For our staff members, equal opportunity includes access to the benefits and privileges that the firm provides to staff members generally. We appreciate the value diversity brings to Sands Capital and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all staff members.
We evaluate and select qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Discrimination of this kind is also strictly prohibited by a variety of federal, state, and local laws, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
View the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster here and its supplement here.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to pregnant individuals, individuals with disabilities, and/or individuals needing accommodation for sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.