Monitoring and Portfolio Analyst
- BNP Paribas CIB
- Lisbon (PT)
- to be defined
- Mar 20, 2023
- Apr 03, 2023
- Job Function
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Sobre a vaga
About The Job
- By Joining RISK Portugal at BNP Paribas, you will be part of a dynamic, talented and expert team, with a global coverage. You will be able to develop your knowledge through career development plan and internal mobility. The journey starts here
- Credit Risk Monitoring for BP2S Business Lines : Clearing and Custody Services (Local clearing and settlement; Listed derivatives Clearing), Assets and Fund Services (Global custody; Fund Dealing Services; Transfer agency), Market Financing Services (FX; Cash Financing; Securities Lending) and Corporate Trust Services (Paying services for Equities and Debt)
Your Main Activities Are
- Main responsibilities
- Comply with the team organization, build and develop strong relationship based on positive regard with colleagues and other teams; be supportive, share your different point of views in order to find a common solution to all the obstacles met; to have a positive approach in problem solving issue/difficult situation
- After the Fact Controls: Generate and/or treat the reports related to our activity and analyze, justify and ensure the consistency of the information
- Before the Fact Controls: Analyze excess requests from internal teams and ensure an efficient monitoring and prioritization of the instructions blocked/requests received, taking decisions on these instructions
- Be force of proposal in order to improve our way of working, standardize the credit risk process cross-locations and share best practices, suggesting and/or take in charge some projects linked to our activity
- Manage a set of clients based on Value at Risk approach
- Main specific responsibilities
- Monitor and manage excess requests for blocked instructions; perform the credit risk assessment based on the RISK policies and apply remediation when possible
- Analyze and report limits’ excesses for clients under BP2S scope. Ensure all parties are taken the necessary steps to have the credit risk cleared and do the necessary escalations when required
- Produce Risk Indicators controls and raise sensitive situations to management
- Provide Recommendation for Credit annual reviews by providing historical statistics of utilizations and alert for emerging risks
- Key contributions
- Act as RISK representative, taking a positive approach in problem solving, respecting RISK policies
- Contribute to risk reporting in a synthetic and comprehensive way
- Contribute to the diffusion of risks culture within BP2S
- Participate to risk projects, when required
Profile And Skills To Success
- Bachelor Degree in Management / Finance / Economics
- Up to 2 years of relevant experience in Credit RISK
- Fluent level of English, both oral and written
- Knowledge in
- Office Pack (MS Excell ,MS Word, MS Power Point)
- Financial Markets
- Communication skills - oral & written
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Organisational skills
- Decision Making
- Analytical Ability
Why joining BNP Paribas?
- Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
- Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
- International reach
BNP Paribas Holds Key Positions In Its Three Core Operating Divisions
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success.
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
- Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
- Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
- Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
- Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
- In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
Standard / Permanent
Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
PRT - CIB
Job Number: 2207RSK11863