The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Financing Solutions is primarily focused on the origination, structuring, execution and syndication of financing opportunities in Europe for Commercial Real Estate clients, Corporates and Financial Institutions
- Work with senior team members to identify financing opportunities (primarily in the loan market) for core and prospect clients across Europe
- Prepare materials and pitches to clients on identified origination scenarios to maximise SCB involvement in loan opportunity and any related business (DCM and FX/rates hedging as most frequent)
- Execute loan financings from inception to completion, which will include credit analysis, structuring, documentation, working with Financing Risk on distribution and management of internal booking processes
- Execution of loan opportunities in the corporate and Turkish FI market
- Financial/ credit analysis of financing opportunities and preparing summaries and analysis of key risks
- Execution of loan transactions for European opportunities. This includes work on client pitches, offer letters, underwriting applications, information memoranda, roadshow presentations, documentation and responding to queries from banks during syndication process.
- Assist in the maintenance of internal transaction databases and presentation material, support with regular portfolio management duties including updating the team pipeline and P&L reconciliation, as well as ad-hoc tasks to support our stakeholders
- Keeping up to date on market developments and undertaking comparable transaction analysis
- Manage deal execution process end-to-end, including creating and updating deal pipeline entries on Workbench, running deal returns on internal returns model, preparing business approval notes and other deal workstreams
- Manage credit process for financing deals, including preparation of credit applications
- Perform financial analysis of companies/ projects, industry research
- Build financial models and use for analysis in financing transactions
- Manage deal documentation process by coordinating with internal legal and external legal counsel
- Assist senior team members in drafting of term sheets, letters of interest
- Coordinate with various stakeholder to ensure deal execution and closing within required timeframe
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures including Here for Good and Group Code of Conduct both within and outside the bank
- To keep abreast of political, economic and loan market developments on an international basis in order to assess its impact on pricing and saleability in the primary and secondary markets.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to FCA rules for prescribed responsibilities related to the job roles i.e. business conduct and treating customers fairly
- Corporates, FIs and financial sponsors and borrowers/ issuers and other financial institutions as investors
- Internal stakeholders include Global Account Managers, Capital Markets and other product areas in FM, Credit/ risk and Portfolio Management
Our Ideal Candidate
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Role Specific Technical Skills And Competencies
About Standard Chartered
- Manage Conduct
- Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Compliance - Governance, Oversight and Control
- Risk Management - Market / Liquidity
- Business - Strategy and Model
- Business - Market Knowledge
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others and work collectively to build for the long term.
, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/caree r