Are you an enthusiastic Machine Learning and Data Science graduate looking to jump start your career in IT and data science? Do you have excellent problem-solving skills to solve advanced IT problems for our market leading data science model development platform? If so, you are the right person for this role. We're seeking graduate talents to join our development team within UBS Risk IT Model Services. We're looking for someone like that to:
• utilize Large Language Model (LLMs) and big data technologies to provide a chat-bot experience to Risklab model documentation and contents.
• work on the implementation of the new cloud-based data science model development platform for UBS Global Risk methodology team.
• develop in house web-based applications that automate the data science model development to production lifecycle.
• contribute to DevOps processes and setup the optimal data science development environments, containers, library dependencies, IDEs and execution pipelines.
• be a product champion on Microsoft Azure products such as Azure Functions, Azure Databricks, Azure Kubernetes Services and Azure based Machine Learning products.
• have good communication skills and willing to interact with UBS risk methodology to understand and solve their business problems.
Graduate Talent Program
Our Graduate Talent Program (GTP) lasts 18 months. You'll be directly involved in day-to-day operations, working with professionals and gaining first-hand experience of our business.
As well as on-the-job learning, you'll get training on the financial markets, our products and other core business topics. Rotational assignments are a key part of the program. By taking on other roles in related departments, you'll gain a wider perspective.
Besides all that, you'll attend networking events, cross-business classes and social occasions where you'll get to know us.
To learn more about our Graduate Talent Programs, click here . Your team
You will be part of the UBS Risk IT, RiskLab and Model Services team.
The RiskLab Model Service team is a group of advanced and pioneering software engineers and data science professionals who brings modern computer science and data science technology and IT platform to our methodology data scientists.
We implement common reusable IT solutions to ensure the data science model development and execution runs on most optimal and scalable framework. We research emerging data science technology and draw up adaptation plan for our methodology audience, and setup regular training sessions or pilot model development to ensure the UBS Risk methodology remains competitive and ahead of our peers.
You need have completed your bachelor's or master's degree.
In particular, you have:
• 1-2 years of academic or industry experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP). Having worked with Large Language Models (LLMs) is a plus.
• in-depth understanding of big data and parallelization technologies such as Apache Spark, Dask, Ray or In Memory Data Grid. Additional experience on the application of distributed computing frameworks to machine learning (Spark MLlib) is a plus.
• a passion for programming and problem-solving skills, have a good understanding of object-oriented programming and functional programming paradigms and sound knowledge on data structures and algorithms.
• proficiency in Python programming. Additional knowledge in R, Scala and Java is beneficial.
• exposure to container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, versioning technologies such as Git and DVC, and CI/CD technologies such as Gitlab CI.
• knowledge of Risk modeling and machine learning algorithms would be advantagues.
• experience with web application development using Python flask / ReactJS would be a major advantage.
• excellent command of written and spoken English.
Perhaps you've organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you've achieved match the skills we're after.
Start date: September 2023
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we're more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS is the world's largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.