Description About this role BlackRock Self-Indexing - Software Engineer (Associate) About BlackRock
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Would you thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance? We know how important it is to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively motivate your involvement in our success. With over $9 trillion of assets, we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. About the team
BlackRock Index Services (BIS) is responsible for the design, development, and administration of Fixed Income, Equity & Multi-Asset indices for internal and external clients. Our success hinges on producing highly accurate, best-of-breed indices in a timely manner.
BIS is looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer to contribute to the design and implementation of our next generation Equity, Fixed Income & Multi-Asset Index calculation, simulation and delivery platform. Role Responsibilities
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- This role will be responsible for all aspects of software development, testing and support by harnessing modern development technologies
- As a key member of our engineering team, you will be encouraged and empowered to bring your ideas forward to help shape our technology roadmap & solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver innovative Indices
- Convert high-level architecture to component design and high-quality software
- Respond to technical questions from clients and perform ad-hoc analyses when needed to support and substantiate the response
- You have a zeal for automating the complete software lifecycle - development, testing, deployment & production operations
- Enthusiastic about refactoring existing code to align with newer technology stacks and architectural patterns
- B.S./MS (or equivalent) in a STEM subject area with 4 to 8 years of experience in Enterprise Software Development
- Strong experience with Java technology stack (Spring, JDBC, Hibernate, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Maven, Jenkins, JUnit)
- Strong development skills in Core and Enterprise Java using multi-threading and networking frameworks
- Python development experience with good knowledge of numerical / statistics / ML packages such as pandas, numpy, scipy and cvxpy is desirable
- Good understanding of SQL & NoSQL Database concepts, with experience on Oracle / Sybase / Snowflake / Cassandra is desirable
- Experience with development of ETL solutions / Object Relational mapping (ORM) solutions is desirable
- Experience with development of ReSTful Webservices using HTTP-JSON / gRPC is desirable
- Experience with cloud native development (Kubernetes, Docker) and Cloud Platform like Microsoft Azure is desirable
- Experience with Distributing Computing Technologies like Apache Ignite/ Hazelcast is desirable
- Experience with Open source publish-subscribe frameworks like Apache Kafka is desirable
- Solid understanding & knowledge of Unix/Linux and related infrastructure
- Good understanding of fundamental Data Structures & Algorithms.
- Experience with Object Oriented Design Patterns
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills and perseverance to identity Root cause of any problem
- Experience working in an agile software development environment and with related technologies (Git, JIRA, ADO, Azure Pipelines)
- Understanding of Equity / Fixed Income / Real Estate Investment & Trading ecosystem
- Candidates with knowledge of Equity / Fixed Income / Real Estate indices will be given preference
- Experience with BlackRock Aladdin platform & Dashboard technologies is a huge plus
- Experience implementing solutions that interface with financial industry business partners is highly desirable:
- Data providers such as Bloomberg, Reuters, FT Interactive Data, Factset, Rimes
- Index vendors such as MSCI, S&P, Barclays, JP Morgan
- Trading, Clearing and Funds Transfer messaging networks such as SWIFT, FIX, FICC/DTC, MarketAxess
- Passionate about multiple aspects of enterprise software development - Performance, Scale, Resilience, Usability and Maintainability.
- Well-organized engineer with strong attention to detail and an uncompromising approach to quality
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.