Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Lead Representative, Reconciliation
to join our Reconciliation team
. This role is located in Manchester, The UK. The mode of work - hybrid. Department/Team overview
The RCOE (Reconciliation) team, work with a collaborative global team to achieve goals and targets.
The successful applicant will work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
The teams work with several reconciliation tools and systems to assist in the identification, monitoring and resolution of discrepancies and use up to date technology to collaborate with internal colleagues.
The role requires good attention to detail, effective communication skills and the ability to escalate potential risks to both peers and senior management. In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Analysing governance breaks reports to define key areas of focus.
- Conducting breaks Investigations when required.
- Working with business SME's to come up with solutions to resolve high impacting break populations.
- Enhancing and expanding the risk governance framework model.
- Delivering timely and accurate reporting.
- Contributing ongoing initiatives to standardise and streamline reporting to drive efficiency and automation.
- Reviewing work of other team members to ensure accuracy of data and high standard of commentary.
- Building solid understanding of the reconciliations undertaken within operations and become a subject matter expert providing guidance and responding to queries.
- Contributing to the achievement of team's goals and objectives.
- Working closely with the reconciliation's teams, lines of business, risk, control, technology and senior management (up to Executive level).
- Being an integral part of the go to team for systems, process & automation change.
- Experience in financial services
- Good understanding of CASS and CAP regulations, and how they apply to reconciliations.
- Experience in a project and/or a reporting-oriented role would be advantageous.
- Reconciliation (TLM) experience would be advantageous.
- Team player who is able to produce high quality, accurate output under tight timescales
- Good analytical skills, including ability to extract data, analyze and interpret it.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail and a result driven approach
- Organised and able to manage workload efficiently
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Continuous improvement mindset (Automation & Transformation driven)
- Project management skills
- Appetite to continuously learn and develop
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint and willing to develop further
- Power BI, Tableau, SQL, and advanced Excel skills (VBA, macro's, etc) would be an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or engineering/sciences or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.