Job Description: Regulatory Operations - EMIR GTR Trade ReportingTitle: Analyst/AssociateDepartment: EMEA OperationsLocation: London Company overview
Nomura is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asian-based investment bank with worldwide reach. Nomura provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in over 30 countries. Based in Tokyo and with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, London, and New York, Nomura employs over 27,000 staff worldwide. Nomura's unique understanding of Asia enables the company to make a difference for clients through three business divisions: retail, asset management, and wholesale (global markets and investment banking).Department overview:
Regulatory Operations EMEA is split into three teams (Client Account Control & On-Boarding, Client Assets and Regulatory Transaction Reporting) who are responsible for daily operational oversight and management of regulatory day to day processes ensuring compliance for regulatory reporting and client assets. In addition the team is responsible for assessing impact to these processes by future regulatory legislation ensuring regulatory change governance and oversight of the day-to-day BAU function in Powai, who manage the day to day processing of the Global Trade Repository reporting ensuring compliance with EMIR and Dodd Frank rules.Role description:
Key objectives critical to success:
- This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain a valuable insight across EMIR/CFTC/Central Banks regulations and the importance of establishing a robust oversight and controls environment to meet Regulatory requirements.
- Develop a technical understanding of Nomura's Regulatory Reporting obligations both internally and externally.
- Understand Nomura's Regulatory Reporting flows, including exception management and resolution within the regulators required timelines.
- Collaboration with the Powai BAU team and contribute to building out a robust governance, oversight and controls environment to ensure Compliance with the regulations.
- Understanding of Nomura's wider trade flows and be able to apply this knowledge to ensure accurate GTR Reporting applying a zero tolerance on EOD exceptions.
- Developing relationships with Middle Office, Front Office, Static Data, Compliance and Technology areas to assist with the resolution of Reporting exceptions.
- Performing periodic ESMA GTR Reporting reconciliations. This includes break management, escalation of issues and MIS production.
- Assist in Production of daily/weekly EMIR GTR Reporting MIS/dashboards and KRI packs.
- Investigating potential impact of new business lines and new products through the Bengal and Nepal process. This will include tracking the process from an ORR (Operations Regulatory Reporting, Powai) perspective.
- Involvement in internal and external developments in Regulatory Reporting. This will include tracking developments and ensuring correct implementation of necessary technology updates.
- Produce User Acceptance Test documentation for system enhancements.
- Complete User Acceptance Testing and be able to articulate results to the team management.
- Participation in various firm-wide regulatory change initiatives relating to EMIR GTR Reporting
- Timely escalation of issues identified in the process
- Continuous challenge of the process identifying areas for improvement
- Respond to and manage client queries in relation to issues identified for and not limited to delegated reporting Nomura performs on behalf of its clients.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- An experienced and fast learner with the ability to translate, understand and digest technical knowledge of EMIR and CFTC GTR Reporting processes
- Understand Reporting rules and navigation to find correct report rules
- Understanding of current regulatory environment and pipeline with ability to assess impact of upcoming regulatory change on BAU processes for EMIR GTR Reporting
Nomura competencies Trusted Partner
- Excellent knowledge of EMIR GTR Reporting rules and requirements
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with multiple stakeholders
- Vast experience performing and reviewing reconciliations
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills, escalating issues accordingly
- Investigative and inquisitive nature; willing to challenge accepted practice
- Attention to detail and ability to identify errors and anomalies
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft packages including MS Excel & PPT
- Self-starter with ability to develop in fast paced and busy environment
- Acquire professional behaviours and foundational skills
- Communicate to others with respect
- Acquire basic knowledge and skills necessary for the role
- Continue to engage in self-improvement activities as a financial service professional
- Perform all tasks proactively with a sense of ownership
- Acquire professional behaviours and communication skills
- Seek advice from senior colleagues and act accordingly
- Understand the role, responsibilities and business strategy and act accordingly
Right to Work
- Understand the significance and importance of corporate philosophy, professional ethics, compliance risk management and code of conduct.
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the UK (who require a Tier 2 Skilled Worker visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that this is a genuine vacancy for a qualified role Diversity & Inclusion
Nomura is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to ensuring we best reflect the diversity of the communities we serve creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome all applications and do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender identity and gender expression, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
If you require any assistance or reasonable adjustments due to a disability or long-term health condition, please do not hesitate to contact us.