The role presents an exciting opportunity to work within a key part of the client's investment strategy and work with a variety of departments within BNY Mellon.
The role requires the successful candidate to work with a variety of teams across the company, and so is a great opportunity for someone to build their network and develop a range of skills that they can take forward in their career.
As a client facing role, the successful applicant will manage relationships with a selection of BNYM clients. The main objective of the role is to work with and assist clients to ensure they achieve the most beneficial tax rates available.
Prior experience within an asset servicing role is desirable, but not requirement as training is provided and the candidate will be using several knowledge sources to assist in handling client questions.
This role is the most senior client facing role within the team, and as such the successful candidate will be working with some of our largest clients. This includes but not limited to:
- Regular contact with clients through email, phone calls and meetings to act as a liaison between the client and BNYM on tax related matters
- Work with clients to ensure all required tax documentation required in relation to client investments are provided in a timely manner by clients.
- Provide data and feedback to clients and stakeholders as required.
- Supports the coordination of tax-related regulatory filings. Gathers required data elements, as needed, for various regulatory filings.
- Relay information on market or regulatory changes and the impact of these on clients
- Work with internal teams to ensure smooth processing of client's tax documents and Tax reclaim related documentation.
- Performs analysis of data and resolves moderately complex data issues.
- Identifies missing data needed for tax records and filings and liaises with others in the tax team to obtain the information.
- Participate in Team, Department or Bank wide projects and initiatives alongside standard workload.
- Assist in client related projects such as fund launches ensuring tax documentation required is report to and received form the client in a timely manner.
- Provides guidance, training and support to other team members.
- Responsible for the quality and completion of own work.
- Helps develop and contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- High school/secondary school or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Bachelor's degree in a business discipline preferred. 3-5 years of total work experience preferred.
- No direct reports.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.