: London Grade:
12 (relevant for internal applicants only) The Role
: This role is responsible for all aspects of leading the Carbon pricing team globally. Based in London/Houston, the director plays an essential role in driving forward our global carbon coverage including development of assessments, market data and analysis, building out a global team. The director manages a team of five people in Houston, London, Tokyo and Gurgaon, each tasked with daily coverage and development and management of a suite of new assessments in the carbon markets.
The carbon team has launched a wide array of assessments over the past 2 years. The role of head of global carbon will be a central figure in devising and implementing the benchmark strategy for Commodity Insights carbon price coverage.
The global head provides overall strategy for the group as well as decision-making around key benchmarks. They also engage internally and externally with key stakeholders, including methodology development and benchmark development discussions. The Impact:
This is a key role for Commodity Insights as it is focused on delivering on the promise of a brand new area of coverage for Commodity Insights that is of key importance to the future of the company as well as having a high degree of impact on the broader world. It involves driving transparency in the Carbon markets that are a core part of decarbonising markets around the world.
The carbon team has launched a wide array of assessments over the past 2 years. The role of head of global carbon will be a central figure in devising and implementing the benchmark strategy for Commodity Insights carbon price coverage. The Career Opportunity:
To work at the very center of Commodity Insights ' benchmark commodity price assessment and market reporting team, in a role that touches on a range of commodities and locations. The global head of carbon reports to the Global Head of energy Transition Pricing, and works closely with the other sector heads across both pricing and analytics. Central to the role is developing and implementing a roadmap to adoption of Commodity Insights carbon prices for use in contracts across the carbon value chain. The Team
: You'll work with a high profile and highly motivated global leadership team, producing pricing and benchmarks for world commodity markets. You will manage reporters in London, Gurgaon and Houston. Responsibilities:
- Drive development of new assessments and benchmarks for carbon assessments
- Develop benchmark roadmap to navigate towards adoption of Commodity Insights Carbon pricing as the leading pricing tool for carbon markets
- Direct the Global Carbon team, develop staff and talent
- Develop a pricing and content strategy
- Drive operational excellence and development of best practices
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders on methodology issues
- What We're Looking For:
- Strong experience in commodity benchmarks, excellent understanding of Commodity Insights methodology and commodity trade operations, as well as a clear and detailed comprehension of relevant regulation. Strong interpersonal skills, an ability to represent the business at the highest levels with regulators and the industry, in meetings as well as public presentations.
About S&P Global Commodity Insights
- At least seven years of experience in market coverage and commodity benchmark provision
- Self-driven, energetic and proactive
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational planning skills; able to work collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, global, multi-cultural environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent English writing skills
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/commodity-insights/en
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to:" EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com "and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person." US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf" describes discrimination protections under federal law.
103 - Middle Management (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), EDTGRP103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
282843 Posted On:
London, United Kingdom