PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Overview
We are looking for an experienced Events Manager to join the EMEA Marketing team in London. The role will involve leading EMEA Events, designed to deepen client engagement and meet EMEA business objectives. The role will take the lead in developing and implementing strategic and multi-faceted event programs, and establishing a robust events framework and procedures for EMEA. Responsibilities
- Work closely with the EMEA Marketing leadership, the EMEA events team and the local marketing teams to develop and maintain a strategic events program that is rooted in the global vision and aligned with local business objectives
- Manage Pan European third party and proprietary events ensuring the engagement of key firm's stakeholders including (but not limited to) business, compliance, local marketing teams, and external vendors
- Provide support to specific countries in terms of proprietary events planning and execution, aligned with local business priorities and local marketing teams
- Lead a team of consultants and ensure the coordination with the local marketing teams including local events managers. Manage central agency relationships as relevant and appropriate.
- Utilize a range of event types to deliver strong results; virtual events, in-office roundtables, lunches, seminars, educational forums, conference sponsorships and client hospitality
- Identify key themes and trends in the industry to create compelling agendas that connect to target audiences and align to business priorities
- Be at the forefront of event innovation and take advantage of emerging opportunities to ensure PIMCO stays ahead of competitors
- Manage events with data-informed decision making and nurture relationships with internal stakeholders through proactive, consultation, effective communication and collaboration skills
- Set and manage strong data management processes designed to realize efficiencies and optimize results
- Coordinate with compliance to ensure all events are fully compliant with regulations
- Work with finance department and local marketing teams to ensure budget planning, management and tracking
- Manage the EMEA events plan update and communication with the key stakeholders
- Measure and optimize the performance of events to enhance client value and drive growth; develop KPIs EMEA framework and create mechanisms to analyze ROI and impact on business results, that can be leveraged by the local events managers
- Strong events manager with a several years' experience within the financial services industry, preferably within asset management
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Extensive experience planning and executing events across traditional in-person formats and through enhanced virtual platforms
- Experience of using the CVent platform
- Proven experience in driving (and optimizing) high-performing event programs
- Experience collaborating across teams, businesses and time zones
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity to the numerous cultures within EMEA
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to evolving priorities
- Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills
- Confident communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of delivery, results orientation and bias for action
- Exceptional work ethic and ability to succeed in high intensity environment
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.