Description About this role About this role
The AI Labs team works collaboratively; and is a multi-disciplinary team with the following skills and capabilities: optimization, machine learning, statistical modeling, exploratory data analysis, natural language processing, data visualization, network/graph modeling, ETL, data pipelines, data architecture, communication, project / product management and strategy. We work with data from a wide variety of sources including text, news feeds, financial reports, time series transactions, user behavior logs, imagery, and real-time data.
AI Labs has offices in New York, Palo Alto, and Edinburgh. The team has several Stanford professors as senior advisors with world-class expertibahnse in machine learning, statistics, optimization and stochastic control. These advisors include Emanuel Candes, Trevor Hastie, Robert Tibshirani, and Mykel Kochenderfer who dedicate time in our Palo Alto office and provide advice and mentorship for all members of the distributed team. In this role, you can expect to:
The minimum requirements for this position are:
- Design and deliver secure and scalable solutions to enable the rapid delivery of machine learning products to production environments
- Continuously improve existing products, tools, and services, by maintaining close relationships with data scientists, researchers, and other BlackRock users
- Write quality maintainable code that is comprehensively tested and fit for the intended objective
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support for internal tools and services, including troubleshooting and resolution of production incidents
- Advise data scientists and researchers on product architecture and system design, and collaborate on complex deliverables
- Participate in team agile processes, and proactively contribute to team culture
Knowledge and experience we are looking for includes:
- 3+ years of experience shipping code to production environments
- Strong programming language skills in Python and SQL
- Experience building cloud native applications
- Great problem-solving and communication skills
- DevOps automation, idempotent deployment testing, and continuous delivery pipelines
- Networking and security protocols, load balancers, API Gateways
- ETL tooling and workflow engines (e.g., Spark, Airflow, Dagster, Flyte)
- Data modeling, and strategies for cleaning and validating data at scale
- Performance tuning on RDBMS or Big Data tools for row- and column-oriented use-cases
- Telemetry and related tools (metrics, event logging, tracing, etc.)
- Ability to traverse full stack
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.