Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Regulatory Program Lead to join our Financial Crime Compliance team. This role is in Singapore - Hybrid work model
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
To provide program management and execution for Financial Crimes Regulatory Programs for the APAC region. This encompasses both global and regional regulatory change and remediation programs across the FCC remit. The responsibilities will cover all relevant legal entities and other business lines, as required within the APAC region and cover critical global and regional FCC regulatory efforts
Key responsibilities include:
- Development and syndication of program plans including milestones, effort estimation, risks/issues and program status;
- Engage global program leads and align global program plans with regional execution plans;
- Engage senior and junior-level stakeholders in syndicating the overall program scope, milestones, training requirements, escalations and status as required;
- Develop and communicate program level status and progress via artifacts as required both formally to operating committees, program committees and to regional/global stakeholders informally;
- Perform impact analysis and effort estimation as required
- Provide review and challenge for business line and legal entity response to ensure they are appropriate and completed in program and regulatory requirements;
- Review and challenge other financial crimes-related program documentation;
- Provide advice to first line of defence stakeholders in ensuring that financial crimes risks are assessed in relation to changes to systems, customer onboarding, new products, acquisitions and any other relevant projects;
- Represent BNY Mellon at relevant external industry forums, as required, to ensure awareness of industry developments and market practice;
- Contributing to the design, implementation and maintenance of internal AML/CTF compliance manuals, policies, procedures and systems arising from global or regional programs, including, if applicable:
- procedures for granting approvals for new designated services or delivery channels; and
- processes to allow staff to report violations of the FCC program;
Generic Staff Responsibilities-
- Providing leadership and contributing to a culture of compliance
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Comply with all BNY Mellon corporate policies and procedures, including HR policies and procedures and departmental procedures
- Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal control effectiveness
- Notify the APAC Head of Financial Crimes Compliance of any matters that require escalation to Compliance senior management, including the Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer, immediately on discovery, such as material regulatory breaches
- Comply with all Security and Health & Safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Financial services financial crimes / compliance / legal experience
- Knowledge of financial crimes laws, regulations, and the expectations of Australian and APAC regulators
- General background in Financial Crime / Compliance / Legal
- Ability to work under time pressure in a calm, professional manner and in a complex environment where there is regular and often overlapping regulatory change
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving ability, and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Collaborative approach and ability to work well within a team environment
- Ability to take on and complete tasks with minimal oversight
- Awareness of US and other financial crimes international rules or best practice standards an advantage
- Experience of working in a complex global firm would be an advantage
- Legal or bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Core Competencies:
- Critical Thinking
- Stakeholder Management
- Attention to Detail
- Analysis and Drafting Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Managing Risk
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.